Guys wth good FPS since the 1.14.5.0 tell me your specs

Hi Guys,

When you have good FPS (from 30 - …) since the last Update 1.14.5.0 tell me pls you spetifications of you Hardware. For Me The Fps drops from 30/35 to 18/20 unfortunaly.

MY Hardware:

RTX 2070 Super by MSI
Ryzen 5 3600
16Gb 3200mhz DDR4

regards

legendsy

Hi
35 to 50 FPS
AI at 40%
No stutters or loss of FPS

I7 10700k
RTX 3080
32gb 3600
2TB M2 drive for MSFS
No mods or overclocking

I run a high virtual page file of 64gb
All working great with 3 to 4 hr flights across UK and Europe

Hope this helps
Ex Tenebris

Forgot to mention this is running on a ultra wide 1440p monitor

Cpu : i7-10750 H @2.60 Ghz
Graphics: RTX 2060
Ram:16GB
SSD: 512GB M.2

1 Like

I run 30 - 50 FPS pretty consistently depending on where I am. I run the game at High End Settings, on a 1440P 34" Ultrawide. I have seen no change in performance with any of the latest updates.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM: 32 GB Corsair 3600MHZ
GPU: Radeon MSI 5700 XT 8GB - Gaming X Edition
SSD: 1TB WD Black NVME

I’d encourage you to post a picture of you coming into LAX (or any large photogrammetric city) in an airliner, with the developer FPS tool set to on. I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of those claiming to have zero performance issues simply aren’t aware of it. The developer FPS tool will highlight any stutters you get by showing a red bar in the FPS graph. Since I have to date seen zero videos or streams where the stuttering wasn’t there, proof that some people don’t experience it would be great

9 Likes

If we are all “simply not aware of it” is it really a performance issue? When are we just being unreasonable?

I’m still waiting for you to post that same video along with your system specs, background tasks running, system temps and proof you don’t have a ton of mods bogging things down. Oh and make sure you go out and buy a capture card so you are using as little system resources as possible while recording. After analyzing all that maybe we can determine what your problem is and hopefully get your sim to a state where you are “simply not aware” of performance issues.

I have a degree in computer science I’ll help you work through it.

6 Likes

Actually I don’t need a red lining FPS bar to tell me if I have stuttering, I just look out the window
And as stated I see no stuttering and a smooth experience
I will grant you that is flying VFR in a Turbo prop because that’s what I enjoy, it a shame you can’t appreciate that.
I would agree that flying a study level airliner in a high photo scenery airport such as LAX is going to tax any system today and not understanding that shows a lack of understanding of flight simulation as a whole.

3 Likes

I have stopped replying to you as I do not find it worthwhile to argue with internet psychologists who attempt to ascertain my mood over the internet and diagnose me rather than keep the discussion relevant. People who tell me that I am “angry and not thinking clearly” are not conducive to reasonable debates. It is also clear that you are in total denial of the problems countless people have complained about (so much as that Asobo themselves have finally acknowledged it and claim to be working on a fix). Now, you can pretend this issue is due to people having apps running in the background or whatever and that it somehow magically became a problem only after this update, but that isn’t my problem.

Also, having a degree in computer science will not be of use here, I can assure you that. No degree will help you get over this refusal to acknowledge that people are having problems through no fault of their own system, but rather the sim. And also, people being unaware of it doesn’t mean it’s not an issue. A lot of people on here quite frankly believe the eye cannot see above 24 fps, or that 30fps looks no different than 35 fps, or simply just don’t have wonderful eyesight.

Tell you what though. I asked first, so if you post what I asked for, I will gladly do the same. The burden of proof is not on me as I am not the one claiming to have perfect performance. You are. You are the one claiming that you have a smooth experience and that everyone else must have some junk on their PCs that can only be remedied by the help of someone with a CS degree. So, post proof that your system is running fine, and I’ll gladly post one showing every process that is running on my PC. Also, no need for a video, a series of pictures will do as the dev fps tool shows the performance over time. LAX, airliner

6 Likes

as stated - the very practice of flight simming is hard on PC hardware and so the more stuff you have your rig trying to do - whether inside or outside of the primary program - the more affected your experience will be.
I have not experienced the widespread or constant FPS drop referenced in this thread.
I do not typically fly out of large airports or in large, systems rich aircrafts. But I do fly out of KSAN fairly often in GA aircraft and my average FPS is 47. I use live traffic, weather, and mid to high settings with only shadows on Ultra. I don’t like jaggy shadows.
My rig is an I7-10gen, with a Ge2080 SUPER, 16gigs ram. 2TB SSD storage and 1TB home HD
With the same GA aircraft in rural or bush flying areas I average 54+ FPS and the only occasional drops I get might take it down to 40 or so. I fly around SF and Half Moon Bay, the PNW, Alaska, and now and again with the Spitfire I fly near Dover and in Scotland.
I just do not get the random (or area specific) slideshow FPS drops at all.
I understand that it is a real problem and I hope it gets sorted out. But I hope that the fix for you doesn’t create a problem for the rest of us who are not experiencing it. On the other hand - if the fix were to actually improve performance across the board that would be outstanding. What are the odds though…

1 Like

I’m one of those who have been OK since the update – but there are some caveats to consider. I fly the Longitude, pretty much only west of Colorado. Not too difficult to render from FL450 compared to a prop plane over London, I imagine. Last night after reading more about what problems people are having, I thought I’d try NYC. I took off from JFK and flew right into downtown in the Savage Cub at a very low altitude, barely clearing the Empire State Building.

On the High setting, I averaged 30-34 FPS, and when turning the plane, I dropped to the high 20s. I switched to Ultra and dropped to 14-15 FPS. As you can see, my system is average at best. I didn’t download the UK scenery, and I’ve always wondered if that makes a difference.

i7-7700k @4.20 Ghz
GTX 1070
32gb
1 TB SSD

Sorry, forgot to mention that I’m running 17 mods.

Well the reason I mention the FPS bar is that it would serve as definitive proof as to whether or not you are experiencing stuttering as opposed to your subjective interpretation and word as to what is smooth and what isn’t. The fact that you don’t think you see stuttering really means nothing. Just because you are personally unaware of it, doesn’t mean it isn’t there.
A lot of simmers think 25 fps is a good experience. A lot simply aren’t that aware of performance when to others, it would look like a stutterfest. Again, your description is entirely subjective and doesn’t rule out the issues others have. The FPS bar shows whether or not the stuttering that others are complaining about is there. Also, I never said I don’t enjoy VFR flying in a turboprop (so don’t feel that anything is a shame), but a huge chunk of us enjoy airliner flying as well which is simply more taxiing on the system, so I just want to make sure we are comparing apples to apples here. It wouldn’t make sense to compare VFR flying in the countryside to airliner flying in a city. And I totally understand which is more taxing, but don’t just say you have “zero issues” and that your sim runs perfectly smooth when you aren’t even running the same scenarios

2 Likes

How many Mods are running ?

“Subjective interpretation” is exactly right. Just because someone is OK with 25 FPS doesn’t mean their system is running fine – it just means they’re OK with 25 FPS. And as you said, being OK with 25 FPS is perfectly acceptable, but to say their system is running fine is misleading.

1 Like

The initial thread here by Legendsy was about specs of those of us running the simulator with no issues.

I wonder what your real motives are in replying to this thread when
1/ you obviously are not running without issues
2/ you have yet to declare your system specs and mods you are running ?

I replied with my specs as requested in the hope it would be helpful in ascertaining why you see your red lines and are upset and I look out at beautiful scenery enjoying the view.

So with that I will let you carry on being upset
I will carry on enjoying my flight simulation experience

2 Likes

Maybe most have decent performance where they normally fly.

Just try to depart 76T to experience the current issues.

1 Like

Yes, and which is exactly why I asked for them to post some pictures along with the developer FPS tool in order for the rest of us to see this “perfect performance”. So far though, nobody has taken me up on the offer which suggests that performance may not be so perfect after all lol

2 Likes

You can try diverting this topic like Juiceman39 did and calling me upset if you like, it really doesn’t matter much. I am not upset but I am sorry if me asking for proof of your “smooth” system makes you that defensive. But fyi, I am not running any “mods” and have a 9700k@ 4.8 ghz, an RTX 3070, and 32gb of ram. You can go ahead and enjoy your experience, but just don’t get so defensive when others ask you for proof of how your sim is running when you claim to be getting smooth performance lol. Until then, your statement doesn’t hold any water

1 Like

I7 8700K @ stock
32GB ram @ 3600 , with xmp @ 3800
GTX 1080Ti @ stock
3 screens @ 40 FPS , might drop to 30 when flying circles around NYC

Well you continue looking at your FPS counter
Enjoy that
And I bet, the next thread that starts about People that are not having issues and enjoying the simulator, I’m sure you will pop up again bleating about your stuttering.
It’s a shame your not capable enough to get your system working properly, might I suggest you go off and play something else and come back when other people have solved your problems.

5 Likes