Discussion: May 20th, 2021 Development Update

This week’s development update has been released:

Use this thread to discuss the Development Update

2 Likes

@Jummivana A few errors with today’s update:

1. The “Bugs” and “Wishes” labels are swapped between the two images and their order seems incorrect (it’s 25-48 Wishes, then 1-24 Wishes, then VR and then Bugs).
  2. The image of the Development Roadmap is not displayed correctly on the page (at least I presume this is intended since last week’s update).
  3. The web-friendly Feedback Snapshot seems out of date, and is missing the 25-48 Wishlist items.

Just pointing those out in case someone is confused. Thanks for the updates!

3 Likes

When does the marketplace usually update with the new products?

1 Like

VR is a whole lot of “not started” so thanks for that. Also, make mountains look like mountains (paraphrasing) is “under investigation”, meanwhile random modders are fixing it for themselves while you fiddle and have meetings. So, once again, thank you for your, for want of a better word, efforts. Given that I’m not sure what will actually be in SU4 of any note.

13 Likes

Relax. Go outside, take a breath. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m just fine thanks, this is a discussion thread about the update, so what’s your issue?

Edit: Not sure what I am supposed to edit here that is “inappropriate” perhaps someone can illuminate me @moderators.

4 Likes

Agreed. There’s not a whole lot of action going on in these features and bugs lists. I guess that’s a side effect of having XBOX development as top priority, issues which are critical for simming are not being given as much attention as they should.

The transparency is appreciated though.

1 Like

This Xbox deal is gonna be just great for about a year for the kiddos , than it’s up to the community to keep it goin .

2 Likes

It’s probably going to draw some into aviation.
Hoping there is a good that comes out of it.

1 Like

What happened to Scenery Gateway saying “prototype?” Why does it say “not started” all of a sudden? Was really looking forward to that. Hope it hasn’t lost steam. We still want it!

@Jummivana Do you have any info on this?

4 Likes

So is VR support abandoned now? A whole team dedicated to implementing it (belatedly) and now they’ve vanished from the face of the earth, meanwhile bugs/issues remain and go seemingly ignored for months.

Come on Asobo, this is simply not good enough.

3 Likes

Would the touchdown effect come with this next week’s update ? Water splash effect in rain would also be great.

More importantly I can hardly wait to see what the modding community does with the effects editor.

So, the update planned for next week is still going ahead? Nothing picked up by the testers to indicate a problem? Perhaps, maybe, ya know cos it’s a nice thing to do you could let the community know by Monday because, update equals faff on the part of the user and if it’s going to be delayed in any way we can also delay said faff. (deleting caches, renaming folders etc.)

1 Like

I hope they address this in the upcoming Q&A this week. It went having a prototype in the works to ‘not started’.

1 Like

The trees drawing distance, the trees drawing distance… You scrap this ability to draw trees at long distance with great community addons in one update and it will takes, at list, 4 updates to see any impovement on this side. Come on guys take this back seriously. If Xbox new consoles are not able to handle that don’t deprive PC players from this functionnality. Anyway, simmers we’ll be there to explain to Xbox players what you downgrade.

5 Likes

Really??? Do you have to? Everyday is merely putting his point of view, which I agree with BTW, forward. Is`nt that what a forum is all about. Sheesh!!

1 Like
  • Don’t forget, the next Dev Q&A on Twitch is on Wednesday, May 26th at 10:30 am PDT!*

This is a very small detail, admitted, but given that the update is addressed at a globally distributed flight sim community, I think it would be more appropriate to announce the time in UTC. :smirk:

5 Likes

when will update msfs2020 ?