Discussion: November 12th, 2020 Development Update

This week’s development update has been released:

Please use this thread to discuss the November 12th development update linked above. Other topics discussing this update may be moved here to assist with forum organization.

4 Likes

Praying for VR beta wave 2 invite.

A320 swaying left and Right is fixed in Update 9?!
I Had no Problems with swaying before Last Patch.
We have to wait 5 weeks before this gets fixed??
And what new bugs will be introduced in the meantime, this is a neverending Story, 3 steps ahead, 2 steps back.

5 Likes

Looks like night lighting improvements and performance improvements this update, sounds good to me!

Hopefully also some autopilot stuff

1 Like

Night lighting improvements coming in update 7 !

1 Like

Hmm, why is it that we get a somewhat detailed update on the SDK development every week, but not on the actual game? :confused:

I know we have the feedback snapshots, but they don’t show that much what has happened, nor do they show non-top-25 items.

Things like ‘hey look we improved the UI’ or ‘look at this new autogen item’ would be so cool and make the blog update actually worthwile for non scenery/airliner devs. :wink:

11 Likes

I completely agree

Because this is the most important thing currently as it unlocks third party to produce quality high fidelity aircraft that are somewhat currently blocked by the SDK (e.g FSLabs and PMDG)

1 Like

I’m not saying they should stop developing the SDK? :wink:

They are working on both the SDK and the game at the same time, all the time. It amazes me they don’t show or talk about ingame progress at all.

1 Like

so when is coming the big content update that they said every 3 months, I thought this month we gonna have a big update with big improvements like adding replay function, effects, better ai traffic, in 2 months 2 world updates but 0 content updates

1 Like

Ahh with that I agree with you, the SDK update is in good details but nothing much related to in progress Sim is being mentioned. One reason from my head why they would go in details for the SDK, perhaps like assurance for the third party developers that things are moving forward?

1 Like

Lets get the features already in working before we roll out major new ones.

2 Likes

The usa update is coming in the next update I think. :wink:

1 Like

what is Dreadful performance ?
Is it the current unstable frame rate and the improvement of stuttering?

1 Like

Seasons, ai traffic and historical weather… When will we have those?

And the fall mod is not seasons.

1 Like

When they feel they have addressed the community’s primary concerns. It could be a few years.

A word, then VR will be released would be nice.

I hope so, the temporary fix was awful. I really hope they nail the night lighting.

“We could all benefit from a few tweaks to our sensibility curve. Sorry, sensitive subject?”

3 Likes