Discussion: November 19th, 2020 Development Update

And a new plane is released I can see in this development update. Piper PA-44 of Carenado. Maybe they also fix the Mooney in the coming update?

2 Likes

Interesting that they refer to it as the NA update. Previously they have called it the USA update.
Will Mexico and Canada get some love as well?

3 Likes

I concur. I only notice significantly wrong issues in high altitude airports (where I’m 90% sure there’s an MSL-AGL-MSL conversion error), but otherwise the weather is pretty bang on, and the data fidelity is MILES better than any ActiveSky/REX injection I’ve ever seen for P3D or FSX.

I really don’t think Asobo should open the weather engine up, especially if doing so means limiting the capabilities of the weather engine.

5 Likes

Multi display support - “2021-2022” :frowning:

2 Likes

Agreed! It definitely isn’t close to completely broken and the actual weather engine works great. The injection isn’t perfect but most of the time it’s at least close.

I’d like to see building LOD improved tho.

2 Likes

Not positive but will follow up with Asobo on the missing threads. Thanks for pointing out!

13 Likes

I’ll bet it’ll be 2021 for the initial one, then more in depth per display tweaking and such for 2022.

Obviously that’s just a guess

Loving the details! I’m confused by the changing terminology. AGAIN.

World Update 1 is “Update 3” and World Update 2 is “Update 7”. So where is “Sim Update 1”? Does it correspond to anything? Only Sim Update 2 and beyond are listed.

Could we please have more clear, consistent, and DEFINED terms (as in, actually explain what the term “backlog” means vs “Planned”) so everyone can be on the same page?

I don’t want accuse anyone of moving the goalposts here, but its hard not to get that impression when the wording on snapshots, bug list, wish list, etc. keep changing.

It all makes for a rather “non committal” timeline. You could say its “Evolving” or “Iterating”, however it results in us all having a pretty opaque understanding and increases difficulty in tracking the genuine progress of bugs and features.

22 Likes

I mean exactly what I said. The much needed USA update.

Agreed, I noticed that too – I wouldn’t hold my breath, but maybe we’ll be surprised!

But why, what is missing there, you can find everywhere else?

Thank you so much for putting dates and goals on some of most wanted items like Turboprops and Helicopters.

While 2022 is still far off, I guess it’s better to get fixed wing aircraft up to speed, before moving to rotary wing. Great to hear that ATC phraseology is planned to be worked on. Overall very promising.

Keep it up and stay healthy.

4 Likes

I’m not saying my wish for NA update is more important than yours. But the US is a heavily flown area and the photogrammetry needs updating, airports need updating, one of the largest airports in the world (DFW) is finally going to be updated, new seasonal/geographical bing maps, etc. All good things!

And updated Elevation Data. That will be awesome.

3 Likes

Hi ya did anyone get an update for the sdk?
I went to install it but it just downloads the previous version 0.7.1.0.

I don’t know how to feel about this… I can’t help but think that the dev team should be able to accomplish some more wishlist items in a faster timeframe (…trains 2023!?) I guess we’re all in it for the long haul.

Trains are really not important for flight sim tbh, so I bet that’s just a tentative date

11 Likes

That’s just one example, but agreed not a priority.

1 Like

I’ll bet a lot of that stuff is a tentative date or a date to have a version with extra features.

Not sure tho, they are quarantined so that slows things down

1 Like

Could also include some of the Caribbean Islands? The North America promo video maybe gives some hints, and that included Canada and some of the Islands

1 Like