Discussion: November 19th, 2020 Development Update

Comeon. If i unload all programm from memory and run at clean windows - image will be a same.

I would venture to say that your expectations of “CPU Optimization” are wildly out of different from what Asobo can actually do, as well as very different from their definition. If you’re basing your idea of “optimization” on spreading the load across cores, you’re going to be disappointed. That’s not how it works. Perhaps you have thought you’ve seen that in other games. They aren’t this game and likely work very differently.

I’m sure there ARE things that Asobo can do to optimize the CPU load, but, if I were to hazard a guess, that would be reducing unneeded calculations, moving more operations to the GPU, reorganizing the way different tasks are sent to the CPU and their priority. That’s not going to show up in those graphs. You may or may not gain more FPS, but, hopefully what you will get is smoother overall frame rate (reduction in microstutters), and they can possibly increase the radius of object appearance. Those are the things I’d look for. Unless there was a major foobar in their code, you won’t see any change in your CPU usage.

and you are seriously expecting that to not be an impact on the game? You posted your processor cores as evidence that FS2020 to show how much processor it is using, yet you have purposefully inflated the processor usage by runnign blender, vscode, and OBS! That is not going to do very well for either your credibility or your cause, whatever it may be.

I hope the mods review both your previous post, as this is not just bad, its possibly very deceptive on yoru part.

Okay. For unbelivers.

I completely closed all program. Even chrome/telegram/and small others.
Freed all memory.

Took there screenshots.

So. As i said before. There is NO CPU optimisation.

1 Like

again, I dont understand what you are trying to point out. Your CPU usage seems fine, its spread out well, you are in a busy airport, with a lot of live action, and you would expect your CPU to be busy. to be honest its all very nicely spread out too. you are getting 43% across all cores, which is great considering you are parked on a busy airport.

It’s mean one core 100% and all other is half.

As suspected, I can confirm this one was actually dropped from today’s update, whatever the reason may have been. Night time environment still remains an eyesore.

Just flew King Air stock after update. Could not program flightplan and altitude knob not working. Had to reprogram camera translate view buttons. I then reloaded with the king Air mod and with the GX3 mod, happy to say both worked ok and much better than without. However plane very sluggish on takeoff, something wrong with the new thrust settings.

If another developer can offer a similar product with working FMC, working aircraft systems and highly detailed/accurate modelling for cheaper In totally in lol.

I’m not die hard PMDG or anything but they simply make the best and most immersive 737/777 in any sim on the market. $100 or so for hours and hours of entertainment is totally worth it to me, I’m in it for the simming and the immersion. I’m not a “gamer” per say, I’ll likely just sim on MSFS 2020 for the next 10 years.

That’s because MSFS still uses DX11, which does not support efficient multithreading. When they switch to DirectX 12 and/or Vulkan, you should see significant performance improvements, especially on high core count processors.

I hope they update us on the status of DX12/Vulkan support in todays Development Roadmap!

The developers state that DX12 will not bring significant performance boost.

That said, @mixMugz, try to lower down cpu intensive tasks in the sim (AI traffic, road traffic, render distance), give the sim time to download cache when in a new area. Reinstall content from the community folder (run once with the community folder empty), avoid using google maps imported scenery (as they are poorly optimized), looks like you are using the FBW a320, check if you have the same issues with the original a320.

This game has a lot of things that it can do, that even for newer high end processors, it might be just too much to do all at once. Choose and prioritize what’s important for you.

note: 30fps in a dense scenery area (eg. NY with a lot of traffic) is pretty nice. If you fly a cessna in the middle of nowhere, you probably get much higher fps.

If there’s no significant performance boost with DX12 then they haven’t optimized it properly, I have faith we’ll see significant performance benefits on high thread count CPUs. DX12 inherently provides lower level and more efficient control of the CPU.

Do you think the launch of DX12 and the game’s launch on Xbox consoles being the same update is a result of compatibility issues, or can Xbox run DX11 just fine but could use the increased performance from DX12 to play at a solid res/fps/quality? I genuinely don’t know but I’d assume the latter.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.