Discussion: October 8th, 2020 Development Update

right,that is what i am worried about !

Obviously you have never run a Horse Stable business – I have run off many “customers” that were a danger to themselves, their horses and other on my property for their total disregard for the rules and concerns for safety. The mantra of “the customer is always right” is a myth when the customer has unreasonable expectations.

I am not saying people are having unreasonable expectations wanting the simulation to work - far from it, there are many legitimate complaints and frustrations – I just do not by the “Customer is always right” after spending several decades of dealing with the public.

2 Likes

Good point. But the customer IS always right to expect everything that the product promised to be included in the product. If you buy a 20 pound bag of feed and when you get to the stable it turns out to be a 10 pound bag, you, the customer, are right in complaining afterwards. That was not an unreasonable expectation. If, instead, the feed was advertised Unknown weight but excellent quality, and you buy it, then you can’t complain.
If this sim was advertised as beta (there is no way on Earth that after all the tests that nobody knew of most of the major bugs) these forums would be very much active because it would just deal with workarounds and advice, screenshots, etc. All the complaining would be gone (well, except for some chronic complainers). Wouldn’t that be nice! I look forward to the day that is the case.

1 Like

“The customer is always right” was a tag line in customer service to drive home the point that whatever the customer wants in retail they should get.

It does not apply to technical products or software where detailed requirements have to be met: often times the customer has no idea what they want and that mentality causes more damage than not.

“I want my stealth aircraft to be pink” this is an impossible requirement, and the customer is not right in this instance.

Who’s excited and anxious for tomorrow’s patch???

1 Like

I’m excited. And still hopeful.
But that is a very different subject.
Flight Simulating is a very specific type of software. It is a very niche type of “game”. In fact, most flight simmers I know don’t think of it as a “game”. If it wasn’t for the fact that it was Microsoft, the company that started the genre, and already went through the growing pains and hearing what their customers wanted, then I could forgive a new-kid-on-the-block possibly misunderstanding what the flight sim community expected.

But let’s see what tomorrow brings. Major fixes, even if many are still needed, will go a long way in instilling hope and confidence. So far, the patches have not done so.

that’s what we call a “feather landing” on the runway, that sounded absolutely absurd

Is your list prioritized? Because for me #3 ( 3. Fix the 787 elevator when Landing.) is the most important, what benefit do you get with pretty graphics or cool drone shots if you cannot land the plane?

For me bugs are first:

1. 787 and A32N elevator when landing
  2. AP malfunctioning (not following the route or disengaging when in flight), has happened to me in the A320, 787 and G3000.
  3. TBM930 porpoise
  4. Smart Camera CTD (claimed to be fixed in update 4)
  5. FMC direct to functionality not working properly (tested in A32N, 787 and G3000)
  6. FMC deleting and adding waypoints properly (tested in A32N and 787)
1 Like

It would be great if Asobo/Microsoft could find a way to leverage Garmin’s existing G1000 simulator code for use with MSFS 2020, why reinvent the wheel? I would gladly pay the $50 for Garmin’s software if that’s what it took to get a fully implemented G1000.

1 Like

Check out

Does Garmin have a PC simulator for my aviation GPS unit?

Garmin currently has PC simulators for the following aviation units:

• GNS 400/W

• GNS 420/W

• GNS 430/W

• GNS 500/W

• GNS 530/W

• GTN 750

• GTN 725

• GTN 650

• GTN 635

• GTN 625

• G600 / G500

• G500 TXi/G600TXi

• GPS 175

• GNX 375

• GNC 355/355A

All of the above simulators are available to download free of charge from our website for the GNS 400/500 series, and for the GTN, G500/G600 TXi, GDU 620, GNX 375, GNC 355/355A, and GPS 175.

We also offer a variety of G1000 NXi PC Trainers for different airframes. They can be purchased for $49.95 from our website.

==========

and for MSFS …

http://www.mindstaraviation.com/Product_G1000.html

1 Like

you should start a new thread with this info, as this thread will bury your info i am sure…
…also the website has info how to include it in the vc as well.
http://www.mindstaraviation.com/RetrofittingGaugesG1000.html

Go ahead … garb the links and be my guest. You could end up starting a very popular thread …

1 Like
  1. With 787 elevator problem when landing, I just simply land at higher speed to get some elevator authority. Around 160 knts, with ILS autopilot approach almost to the ground, or early if autopilot start to stray. (Worse part is that you simply cannot taxi properly with almost no steering.) But AI pilot can steer. Go and figure.
  2. With 747 ILS approach, pressing LOC the plane goes nuts. Solution: Press APP instead to capture LOC / APP.
  3. Forget Using VNAV (or LNAV) with 747. Use heading & ALT instead. 787 LNAV seems little better.
  4. Graphic quality is the most important to me as the original version, the Sunset & Sunrise time was stunning. But not now.

But still you can produce some nice videos using MSFS. (Australia - Uluru with Qantas 787).

1 Like

I’m waiting for the thunder on clear skies being fixed… I just can’t stand another flight with that.

2 Likes

MS no worries! Everryone makes mistakes. Its Human, add this one to the list. I have a network error and cannot access the MSFS servers?? BUT I have EXTREMELY FAST Internet?? Tried reinstalling same message? Cannot wait to get back in the sky!

Just wondering what time the new patch drops as it is Oct 13 here in New Zealand but no change apparent in game yet.

Hi @NewWaynebow74.

The patch drops on the 13th Seattle time. The patch should drop for us while we sleep, and you can expect to see it by about 7am our time.

1 Like

Agreed, and not all customers are good customers, something I have learned the hard way after thinking they were all right.

A General Manager I know used to say, about particularly troublesome customers: “It would probably be cheaper to just write 'em a check and tell 'em to have a nice day!” :smile:

1 Like

Great, thanks Nyx1819. Really hoping this fixes the co-pilot who likes to fly off towards Antarctica rather than landing in Invercargill!

As someone who lived in Invercargill for 14 plus years (I moved to CHC on March 1st), I completely understand and agree with your autopilot :wink:

Patch notes will be released in #community:news-and-announcements once the update goes live.