Discussion: October 8th, 2020 Development Update

Thanks. I lived in Invercargill when I was five and been there for work heaps. It’s my second home. I’m a Dunedinite and like using FS2020 to fly around on copilot - problem is that the copilot seems to want to go anywhere except where he/she is told since the last update. And Balclutha has tower blocks!!! Hoping the update fixes these things. (Invercargill isn’t that bad is it?)

1 Like

Great video indeed, I use YSSY to YSCB for my test flights, even though I live on the other side of the world.

Thank’s for the workaround, I guess it is still not so great to have to land like this anyway.

Hello everybody,

do you know what time the patch will appear?

I don’t have a definitive time, but it won’t be for the next 10 hours.

Hi all,

Is it today the new update patch comes out if so what time UK time will it launch please.

Kind Regards
Ash

Been waiting for the update, too. Was kinda scratching my head a while ago when I checked and it still hadn’t dropped.

Just have a bit of patience… :mask:

7am PST, i suppose ( based on Seattle time )

Where it is?

Nyx1819 are you actually on the MSFS team? Not for the next 10 hours? Why advertise for this day if they really mean tomorrow? On 10/8 you posted this update is READY to be published on 10/13, without specifying what time zone the update would benefit first. In this day and age, 10/13 started like 18 hours ago in the middle of the Pacific. If you meant 10/14, then say 10/14. Five days ago it was ready but more than 12 hours in to the day and it is not.

No patch in UK at 08.30 GMT

I just hope I will be able to take off again. Ironic that launch screen with last update said “Japan Update has Landed” - and my sim landed flat on desktop, right after the first flight.

Hopefully, this time it says “Yada update has taken off” and my sim also takes off, leaving CTDs behind :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

It called timezones my friend …

but yes i agree that they could provide every major timezone with their own date and time

Let’s assume ASOBO release it midday today, which would be 1000 GMT/UTC.

Also assume MS Seattle would download it when they go to work, verify it, then push it to the MSFS servers midday.

Then it would be available in-game at 1800 GMT/UTC, so yes our friends down under may get it early on the 14th Oct.

And this is roughly when previous patches have been available

1 Like

Maybe if you were nicer about the way you asked the question…?

1 Like

you meant microsoft not asobo

is it there or here?

Only in case you understand why this feature was inside MSFS :smiley: I leave Community to its own problems…

I’m not sure there is any point in me replying to that if you don’t know what I’m talking about. But I did anyway :grin: