Discussion: October 8th, 2020 Development Update

At the VERY least, why aren’t you guys combining similar bugs? You have LOD trees listed 4 times as top voted issues.

4 Likes

Ugh, still no acknowledgment of the 787 issues. I guess at least the Longitude was finally noticed though. Patch 9 for Garmin and AP fixes though? Wow.

1 Like

You should read the whole thread before ranting. Jummivana posted another statement on this already…

3 Likes

Thank you.

huh? makes no sense. Have you seen the top voted items?

1 Like

I just hope that we can fly after the update. This only matters for me. The game is already stunning, ok, some weather or different stuff need to be improve/change/repair but pleaaase, Asobo, just let me fly!

2 Likes

Makes sense since you cant compare removing a “press any key” with the implementation of G1000 changes.
Noone said that the list will be worked from top to bottom.

1 Like

I agree with you but some of those items are day-one features of the sim and were broken on the first day of the release or shortly after, with one of the updates.

The priorities between features, small fixes and basic usability fixes are a bit weird to me.

1 Like

[quote=“Schmied85, post:37, topic:297432”]

…the most voted on problem (the game-breaking autopilot and g1000 / g3000 issues) that make certain planes UN-FLYABLE aren’t supposed to be fixed for four more updates as they haven’t even STARTED to look into it…

Yup, that’s the biggest bummer for me too. Not complaining…just sad.

4 Likes

So Update 4 fixes 4 new bugs introduced by Update 3 and gets rid of the Press Any Key screen.

For the future, 6 things are listed as ‘WIP’. With 140 people working on the sim. 23 people per WIP item?

Major items like bush trips being broken by Update 3, the performance of the Cessna Longitude (which we paid extra for), broken real time traffic, crashing, continuing live weather problems - are all ‘not started’ ‘to be investigated’ or 'backlog"

These are useless charts. This is what you do when you want to cover your butt by presenting to your higher level managers what seems to be an overwhelming amount of information - with no substance behind it.

Let’s have some real transparency and not this fake manufactued by Microsoft BS - what is the team of 140 people actually working on if only 6 things are WIP and everything else is not started? Approving third party content so MS can cash out as much $$$ as possibe as quickly as possible?

12 Likes

I am not going to get in to what MS/Asobo has chosen to prioritize. I just appreciate this kind of transparency so we know what to expect. Well done.

12 Likes

Wow, idk but if I was Asobo’s CEO I would be embarrassed of my company.

Here we go another month with broken aircrafts.
But hey at least they got rid of that “press any key” right? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

If you guys continue misinterpeting the list of topvoted bugs for the full changelog, they’ll stop doing that.
Nobody said that these are the ONLY changes in that update, for God’s sake.

16 Likes

No it isn’t. Most of these fixes will be in the SIM updates which will be every 2-3 months as they said. Patch 5 and patch 9 are the sim updates.

They said the patches in between the major updates will have critical fixes only so not sure why people were expecting half those items to be chalked off in the next update.

This is why most companies keep quiet. No matter how much info they give out they will be blasted anyway.

I am very happy with the update - have very few issues in the sim and am really happy with the job Asobo are doing.

13 Likes

I hope you are correct but can anyone be blamed for really having doubts after the last 2 patches??

2 Likes

I noticed that too but then I highly doubt that its launching on Xbox this soon.

Problem is that a lot of people are wanting to vent (have a reading comprehension issue?) and did not look at the list just above the pretty graphics that says:

The Patch is set to release October 13th. Here is a brief overview of what’s coming. Full patch notes will be posted when the patch is live.

• Bug fixes (VFR Map, Avionics black screen, etc.)
  • Navigation data updates
  • UI updates
  • Aerodynamics updates
  • Activity updates
  • Marketplace updates
  • World updates
4 Likes

With all respect, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

6 Likes

We know :slightly_smiling_face: Again, some bugs ARE on the list and are day-one bugs.
I mean delivered aircraft with usability issues are on that list. But again, they are still marked as backlogged or not started… That’s the point.
I’m sorry, we DO understand that the changelog will be different but it won’t contain fixes for “backlogged” items. At least, it seems those won’t be addressed/fixed in a short term future :confused:

1 Like

‘etc’ - this is the key