Discussion: Patch 1.15.10

:slight_smile: MAYBE… its over

Remaining issues do NOT mension MSFS…

Did a MP flight in H135s and it ran smoother than it ever has.
Very grateful for the effort going in to optimise the experience for us all.

Sim still runs rubbish for me. Live weather also still incorrect at my local airport EGMC. Another quality update. Many thanks

1 Like

Agree, Uncle Bill… so far ok here… it started a 1G store download,

:slight_smile:

1 Like

After about 6 hrs, all I see is stuttering in specific areas.

Tried flying from Hong Kong to Manilla - With and without MP, got insane stuttering a few miles into the Philippines every single try. BUT - when i tried skipping right to the approach stage - it was smooth.

Flied from EDDP to EGMC with MP - totally smooth.

Flying now from RJOR to RJAA with MP- pretty much total hell after 10 mins, the stuttering made the game absolutely unplayable. I barely can move the cam around.

Until this fix, everything was totally smooth without MP, now even without MP i get stuttering in the far east (so far).

I went to start up the game this morning to start the download and it came up without any updates. Not sure if that quick flash I saw at start up saying something about MS Store taking over control of my computer had anything to do with it :wink: I quickly clicked yes, go ahead, take control! Maybe it was the new *.EXE that was replaced in that instant.

in the air its ok i have 45 to 55 FPS but i still recive
grainy reflection and clouds (i thould that was fixed but looks at it it is not) another think when i am aproching to airport and i am ont he ground my FPS droping to 10 PPS !! i flying on EGGP and EGGC, i did bought them from FMS2020 market store, why is this happening ??

I have a similar problem. When starting and ending flights in photogrammetry areas.

I start with 30 fps avg, then it goes to 40-45 fps when cruising at altitude.
When I start to descend below 15,000 ft, the frames start to drop and when I’m on approach, it’s below 10fps.

This is with an overclocked 6700 and 1080Ti. The only thing I found that helps is to go into the settings data menu, turn off online data or photogrammetry, then turn it back on to flush out the video memory. I do this just before approach and my frames move up to 15-20 on approach. If I leave photogrammetry disabled, I get 30 fps on approach.

I have the data cache disabled and cleared because when it is on, I have 2-3 fps. I don’t fly multiplayer or use any liveries.

None of this was happening before the UK update and I have had terrible frame rates since then, even with the recent patches. Having to disable and enable online data tells me the sim is not managing video memory very well and the longer my flights, the worse the frame rate on approach.

my specs:
i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20Ghz up to 4 Ghz turbo.
32 GB Ram.
GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Deign.
and its still laging . maybe my CPU its not good ?

For the second patch in a row, my FPS is a constant 10 FPS - but only when I have the metrics displayrunning on the Radeon Adrenaline software.
after the last patch, I uninstalled and reinstalled Adrenaline, and my FPS returned to normal - I was able to run the metrics without the slowdown, and capture FPS.

No problems here.

1 Like

I have to say that again tonight, performance for me in VR with this patch is outstanding. Once again flew into KLAX with no stutters and a reasonable framerate (high 20’s). I honestly haven’t had anything approaching this level of performance since before WU3. There has to be something more in this patch than what was mentioned, because I’m getting much better performance now with multiplayer on than I was before with it off.

Was thinking the stutters had all but disappeared but just hit a wild stutter field in South Australia (north of YPNG).

This issue appears to still not be fixed after the patch. Weather on the US is still off in the evenings by many hours (Fronts not aligned with current weather, etc). Whereas mornings have always been pretty close for me.

Hello all,

today with my tests from 2:00z looks like weather is working well again. I did many tests around Slovakia countries and weather was really very accurate, clouds, precipitations, temp, pressure, wind.

1 Like

hi thanks for coming back to me , i’ve recorded a video of it and it does NOT show the wave which i see, i’ve upped all the settings to max and the replay still looks ok ( file size is too big to upload). so now wondering if it is something to do with the monitor rather than the pc / graphics / video card ?

I stated earlier in this topic, that my performance is more or less the worst with this update.
I tried the standard solutions with and without my mods and nothing really seemed to help much.

Now I’m quite happy to say, that a complete fresh reinstall helped to bring performance back to the state right after WU4, or even a bit better - even with all mods. It seems that, at least for some, a clean reinstall could do the trick. It still takes a while but at least bringing back your mods isn’t as painful as it was in FSX or P3D -that took always 2-3 days as I wanted to integrate them back the clean way.

Now the only thing left is testing performance in multiplayer.

Hoe do you het these performance indicators on your screen?

Genuine question for all those people decrying the game performance as a disaster and ‘unplayable’ after each update…

Are you testing the game under the EXACT same circumstances each and every time? With every ‘disastrous’ & ‘game-breaking’ update that goes by, I’m not seeing any, and I mean any, difference. The game runs really well for me on mostly ultra setrings with 4K 80% render scaling. I cap the game at 40fps and it’s pretty much locked to that constantly with about 20% headroom on my 2080 ti. If ever it drops below it’s down to the MainThread bottlenecking (Ryzen 3900x) at intensive 3rd party airports which I’m sure will improve with DX12 support. Even then I’m only losing 3-4fps.

My point being, that unless you’re testing your game under the exact same circumstances every single time, statements like ‘Asobo are incompetent’ and ‘this game is UNPLAYABLE’ cannot, frankly, be taken seriously.

I don’t honestly get this mindset of constantly decrying FS. What this game represents is absolutely mind-blowing. It’s not perfect, but it’s just so massive in scope and complexity that it never will be. All you can ever ask of a game developer is to accept that this is the case, and endeavour to constantly improve and expand their offering. That is exactly what Asobo are doing.

10 Likes