Discussion: Patch 1.7.14.0 Update

No one asked you for your honesty.

Not a problem, provided free of charge

MS store is ā€œpre updateā€ to allow the update install window in MSFS after the launch.

Not sure I follow you now, what do you mean with ā€˜MS store is pre updateā€™?

As mentioned, MS Store doesnā€™t find any update for MSFS when I search for updates. While launching MSFS just starts the gameā€¦with the old version.

So my question remains, how/where do I get the update?

Iā€™m seeing longer load time when finishing a flight to go back to the main menu. Blue bar takes a long time to get to about a third of the way, then goes quite quicky - feels a lot slower than before. Anyone seeing similar?

Memory dump when exiting still not fixed (CHECK your Event Viewer !)
Still missing airports
Still female voice for male pilot
Still no way to remove co-pilot
Etcā€¦

1 Like

Read the patch notes?

4 Likes

Is support for .PLN format new?

I made a purchase at Marketplace and it is not affiliated with ORBX. Now I buy everything only from the developer.

That is just the installer, the actually patch showed 50gb for me.

Probably because you had missed files and you never noticed.

1 Like

Trying to be helpful. The patch notes are clear, and explain exactly whatā€™s in the patch. The known issues list shows the issues that are known and not yet fixed - e.g. Keflavik. Asking for something to be fixed in these forums does nothing, hence the suggestion to raise via ZenDesk - that is the only way something will be fixed. The only other alternative is to add something in the wishlist forum and seek votes. I shared my view on your request for the press a key thing, which Iā€™m entitled to do.

2 Likes

How do you remove the files? I get an error from Windows stating that my organization does not allow me to move the file(s). I have everything still in zip files on another drive to replace again if needed, so I left them alone and the update didnā€™t affect the Community folder at all. I would like to know why I cannot move the files out of there when I am the admin of my PC and I have full control of the entire folder structure where MSFS is.

One could check the version number

Purpose of ms store and steam is exactly to download in the background. Same as the stores on your mobile.

After I was told to recreate the song ā€œ99 bottles of beer on the wallā€ in Java as part of a programming exercise, I no longer criticize software developers :rofl:

2 Likes

No,. pln files were already used for the last Community Fly-In.

Sim connect shutters are fixed.

Simconnect on the Logitech fjps, radio panel, multi panel and switch panel still DO NOT work with msfs2020, for me al leastā€¦

Im using ThomasComputerSollution. Maybe its the software. I have it all running in the sim, it also works, but after a few minutes there is a 100% crash of the sim. I need to shut it with task manager.

Anyone runnin it smooth with other software like Lorby or spad?

Thank you MS/Asobo. Just started FS, was asked to go to market place, downloaded what I had to download, closed everything and launched FS again and everything works like a charm. And I can confirm no more stutters with simconnect! I they keep this update pace, it looks promising !

1 Like