Discussion: Patch 1.8.3.0 Update

Well, I’ve isolated a set of minimal steps that always repros for me. I included those in the bug report. Since it isn’t possible to prove a negative, when software developers say “always” what we really mean is that under controlled conditions the bug consistently reproduces. Obviously, we can’t try things an infinite number of times, but when a bug reproduces repeatedly and consecutively, we assume it is an “always” repro, since truly intermittent bugs will usually not reproduce reliably over more than a few consecutive attempts. In my case, I’ve repeated my steps seven times with the same result, which is generally sufficient to indicate that a bug is not intermittent. Also, you may be doing something differently. If you were able to get the APU shut down without losing an engine, if you haven’t already, please post how you did it in the “After patch A320 left engine starts, then dies, then won’t start again” thread: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/after-patch-a320-left-engine-starts-then-dies-wont-start-again/273503/32. Note that if you are using the A32NX mod, it takes a minute or so for the APU to spool down. You can watch it on the APU screen of the lower ECAM display. As soon as N=0, Engine 1 will shut down.