Discussion: Patch 1.8.3.0 Update

Music.UI (3900,D,2) {732BB270-6AEC-4309-AB4F-39B1B7CB00F1}: The database [C:\Users\steph\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Database\1939233b54f8bd34\tmp.edb] format version is being held back to 8920 (0x22d8) due to application parameter setting of 0x410022D8 (8920 | JET_efvAllowHigherPersistedFormat). Current default engine version: 9100 (0x238c).

what is this small update ? and why i cant download it ? image

Iā€™ve done it.

Just flown the a320

When apu shut off. Engine 1 goes off

The Mach/knots button does nothing. Leaving me in Machs.

The constraint button. Shows nothing anymore.

They really broke the a320

1 Like

Hmmā€¦ on a flight with the TBM nowā€¦ it is not good!
Before I was 40 FPSā€¦ now 30. It looks smooth but significant decrease. Also, the g3000 is very stuttery. It just does not look smooth now. Very odd.

Live weather is working well. No noticeable improvements with GPU, CPU useage.

1 Like

This is really disappointing. For the FIRST time since being in the Alpha program, I have simulator that I cannot use to fly aircraft. I literally now either need to wipe everything clean and try yet another full 110GB install, or simply hang up this sim until Asobo figures out what is going on.

How do I go from a perfectly running sim to one that no control inputs work in the space of 1hr? My sim is bone stock with exception of a few liveries and a few airports from the marketplace. Thank goodness I have descent bandwidth to even think about doing two re-downloads but this cannot be the way. Iā€™ve been a strong supporter and will remain so but Iā€™m at a loss at how I can have such a big issue from a ā€œpatchā€.

5 Likes

Dude i can confirm that switching voice from AZURE to without connection fixed my issue, although i have had to intall the english voice package in Windows 10 voice options. No more crashes ATM. So i have to report that AZURE voices could be provoking CTD.

3 Likes

The developers said wait until the next patch for any of these new issues get fixed. What a complete joke this has got to be one of the worst game launches in the history of gaming, definitely the worst flight sim launch ever, beating out FSX at this point.

2 Likes

Did you activate trim and ap in the overhead panel? If you started parked this will be off and not come on on autostart. Checklists ftw. :slight_smile:

Thereā€™s a new setting for the glass cockpit frame rate. WIth me it was set to medium. If you try ā€˜highā€™ it might improve.

1 Like

anything in this that fixes HOTAS, like Saitek X52 (non-pro)?

@ememPilot I will check it out!
Edit: Fixed! You the best! Hidden down at the bottom lol

Download was ok 15GB Nothing broke from what I can see. It worked just before the update. Would be nice to see the King Air have a working FMS some day. Frame rates did go up for me. Not a lot maybe + 10. The ones that paid for a preiem delux edition got a King Air so it would be nice to have you fix that. We need to put in flight plans with the FMS.

Note the install location. Have you changed or moved your previous installation? Make sure you point the directory to the right place were you installed the app. Also did you edit any core files?

1 Like

Absolutely. I havenā€™t tried any other aircraft yet, but the A320 engine shutdown is a huge problem. On the bright side, it made me aware that we really need the ability to declare an emergency. I did a kamakazi move to get myself back to KDEN, and probably would have bent the aircraft up real nice if Iā€™d done that in real life.

BTW, the graphics look worse all over. I first tried going from DeGalle to Heathrow, and got completely stuck on a bridge with no ability to taxi over it. Very much not impressed at all at this point, and I have never complained about this sim. This made it unplayable.

1 Like

Just loaded up with live weather in Atlantaā€¦not a cloud in the sky :man_shrugging:

I clicked update in the Microsoft Store and it downloaded and installed the 600+ MB update. Now, no matter how I try to open the application, I get a few seconds of a black screen and a crash to desktop. Really not funny. Iā€™ve logged in and out of Microsoft Store, Iā€™ve restarted several timesā€¦ still nothing. I canā€™t get as far as downloading the new patch, and I canā€™t roll back to the application that worked. Any thoughts?

I mean I wouldnā€™t say that, at least the sim runs properly on some hardware.

This sim is also such a monumental leap forward, so Iā€™m sure itā€™s a lot harder to debug than other sims since there is more than just the local code at play here

1 Like

Same here, restarted 3 time to get the patch fully download :sweat_smile:

Yea on graphics, they managed to take giant leaps backwards on the aircrafts systems and performance. Now with this new patch it seems like they want to challenge FSXs legacy with crashes for lots of people.

2 Likes