Discussion: Patch 1.8.3.0 Update

The Patch installation went fine for me but now the bush trips seem to be broken. I just flew the 3rd leg of the Balkan bush trip and after landing at the destination the sim would not end the leg. Had to close the window because there was no way to end the leg or get back to the main menu.

1 Like

The worst part of it all is the developers donā€™t have any sense of urgency to fix these issues. They already announced they wonā€™t fix the controller sensitivity issues until the next patch.

ā€œMost othersā€? You mean those who complain? The vast majority is probably just fine.

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to go ahead and ask this, just in caseā€¦

Iā€™m assuming youā€™re using AP to climb to your initial altitude and heading. Once you lift off, do you throttle down to CL? The reason I ask is the only time Iā€™ve gotten this error (even post patch, although thatā€™s only been one flight) is if I forget to throttle down and leave it at T/O-GA (or whatever 100% pegged is labeled as). You have to throttle down two audible clicks to be OK for the autothrottle to work and not speed you up to overspeed.

Canā€™t help with the 6K+ climbout. I assumed that was due to some airports having noise restrictions, but it does seem awfully steep. Also levels out a bit once you get above 10K.

1 Like

[RESOLVED]
Ok. This is unbelievable. So tried again in the CUB. Took off, still no control. During the climb, I notice my throttle move backwards slightly on its own. Thought - AI? Noā€¦

Well, YES! After the patch, AI CONTROL was turned on by default. Not good at all. Iā€™ve seen this happen with my screen size changing by itself after an update but this is a new one. I was just about to un-install everything and try again until I saw this. Hope this helps someone else.

1 Like

It does. Third party FPS fix not necessary anymore!

Downloaded the patch.

First flight - leg 9 of the Balkans Bush Trip.

Landed at the correct location. Did not trigger completion of the leg.

This is the first time that has happened to me on a bush trip since launch - on a patch that ā€œfixes leg completion trigger on a bush tripā€. Guys, you spelt ā€œbreaksā€ wrong.

Iā€™m off work next week and was planning to fly the remaining bush trips. Canā€™t do that now youā€™ve forced installation of a broken patch :frowning:

3 Likes

And honestly graphics at the moment are not that great. Photogrammetry is awful looking like melted Legos and apocalyptic hellscapes and flying at any kind of higher altitude the orthophotos start to get really blurry like your only getting a ZL13 tile streamed to your computer. There is not one aspect of this ā€œsimā€ that doesnā€™t have some kind of major issue.

1 Like

Not really. The default aircraft are still the best default aircraft in any sim, once glitches are fixed.

That doesnā€™t mean they donā€™t have a sense of urgency. It just means its likely a deeper rooted problem that requires more testing. At least thatā€™s what I would take it to mean

2 Likes

Finally. That was a painā€¦

The same in Nevada trip.

Nope, works fine for me

Yea these patches are a complete circus. I used the game for seven hours up to the patch was released. One crash in seven hours, updated the game, now i cant play at all. Game crashes to black screen every time ā€¦ waiting for 110 Gig re-install to see if this ā– ā– ā– ā– -of-sim can run at all.

I reported this on the forum, but all i get is, ā€œIts your rig mateā€. ā€œItĀ“s on your endā€ ā€¦ ā€œcheck your tempsā€, ā€œitĀ“s your GPUā€, ā€œitĀ“s your PCā€ ā€¦ bla bla but i can play all other 18 games i have installed on the PC just fine. And i can even render huge 3D scenes in Maya and load my system to the grid.

But i canĀ“t run MSFS. So, No, itĀ“s not my system, its a complete fars of a development from MS/Asobo.

3 Likes

Sorry man but your posts are becoming hysterical. 2 patches within a month of release and the second contains dozens of fixes but Asobo has no urgency?

Iā€™ve been reading the threads on other flightsim forums and the response has been overwhelmingly positive to the patch. Sure there are some issues but they have fixed a lot more than any introduced issues. Performance is much better, fewer stutters, winds fixed. I am very happy.

5 Likes

The ā€œvast majorityā€ stopped playing within a few days after launch. By the way the forums are having issues with traffic overload and this thread already going north of 650 posts with person and person reporting major issues with the new patch I think I am safe saying most people are having some kind of issue. Glad you arenā€™t having one I guess your special.

the patch notes look great. but is there any way to many change ATC handlers voice??

They have more issues and bugs now than they had on the initial launch a month ago!

Itā€™s working fine for me. Iā€™ve done four flights and the wind and weather has been different each time. I donā€™t know whether itā€™s accurate live weather, but itā€™s not 225/3. I had a 20-knot crosswind in Bangor, light winds and clouds at Seattle, light winds from variable directions in France, etc.

In fact, so far the patch is working nicely for me. Iā€™m on an older CPU, with a GTX 980, so not exactly a hot-rod.

If Microsoft wanted to ensure failure of MSFS2020, they could not be doing a better job. It seems they are purposefully trying to drive away customers.

They are reporting issues to alert the devs, many arenā€™t complaining. Thereā€™s a lot more people using this sim btw.

I disagree.

1 Like