Discussion + Poll: GOTY (1.21.13.0)

thanx for the message, but mine is not working at all … guess they mean F12 from trackir tool. I have to green lights but no movment !!! I saw in controls a new field …

figured out that this menue point will disapear when laying the tracker beside and the contact tothe reviever is lost … hmmmm … strange…

grafik

but what to put in that it will work again … suggestions ?!

greets

1 Like

Hmm indeed. Is that with 1:1, supersamping or upscaling? I’m using 1.33333 PrimaryScaling and not seeing those streaks, but do see pixelation along the edges

I just checked in Mecca after the new update. Weird that they decided to make it as a Discovery Flight in the current state. With that DTM elevation data instead of DSM (which produces a hill where a builling should be) and POI markers on the top of flat image and autogen buildings it looks extremly half baked and lazy.

I assume you didn’t need to access the toolbar in your two hour flight? Graphs? Atc?

BE CAREFUL,

Some add-ons are causing menu items not to be displayed. No options to navigate World Menu and select ‘Fly’

I suspect it’s an add-on that adds an option to the ‘ToolBar’ such as ShiftStats or ‘Pushback Helper’ etc.
Disabling community folder items fixes problem. This type of problem is expected until developers update their software. Don’t panic if you find the same problem. :smiley:

Image: Menu items missing caused by third-party addon.

Here is the fix and the add-on causing the problem…

Charles.

Thrustmaster Airbus Quadrant is broken. Does anyone fixed it and can share the sensitivity settings? Full reverse is now 0 Throttle. Idle is approx. 10%. Climb is approx. 80% etc.

Right ! For information, recreating a custom profile from the default profile allowed me to control the map again, and keep my custom settings.

■■■■, my performance completely tanked after the patch. The GPU isn’t even maxed out, but FPS hardly hit 30 now when they were okay before. Even without mods in the default A320 Neo it is hardly playable.

1 Like

my settings …

grafik

When can we expect a Hotfix for the Broken Mouse in VR please?

4 Likes

Good question. After having the sim running for an hour or so I’ve only just loaded up a flight at last. Lots of hassle getting all the content updates, adjusting assistance settings (only to have them reset again back to Easy, grr!) and control mappings.

For me, the middle-click both toggles free look on/off and switches between “Pilot” and “HUD” view according to the camera window. It doesn’t zoom out but it does shift the viewpoint between two positions and resets the zoom back to default:

These are all the mappings for middle-click for the mouse. Makes no sense that it would toggle between two camera positions?

1 Like

I had the same problem. The solution for me was to untick ’run as administrator’ on the steam overlay exe file. I think the file is in the same folder as steam.exe.

In control tab check to see if your mouse setting were reset. Happened to me. Changed them back and all is good

So the improved weather system which was the only thing I was really looking forward to seeing an improvement, doesn’t work. Broken 3000ft? I think not.

Typical Asobo. So disappointing.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.11.18 - 21.31.08.89

1 Like

These are mine, I turned some stuff from Ultra to High in which I could see no visible difference. Performance wise it makes little difference as well, just GPU memory use goes up (which causes stuttering when turning the camera, I have 6GB VRAM)

Yet now I’m scratching my had why my performance tanked after landing, it’s very choppy on the ground. It’s the main thread taking avg 70ms per frame, GPU is only 45% in use.

I also realised, now I’m in-sim, that the mousewheel directions are wrongly set.

This configuration results in mousewheel up zooming OUT and mousewheel down zooming IN.

You have to set them the opposite way to how it is written. I think that was the case before too, thinking back.

I’ll Zendesk it sometime later :roll_eyes:

CTD first flight. Not a good sign. Airbus neo has new sounds, sound awesome. Couldn’t get it to go over 200kts though until I got up to about 10,000. Clouds are back to awesome, so much so I had to turn it down from ultra to high. ATC is still yuck yuck yuck, azure voices go out. ugh. More to discover and report back

yeah! it drives me crazy, everytime i zoom in with the freelook active, i use to disable the freelook with the same button, now when i deactivate freelook it zooms out after i found where to zoom in :grimacing:
here is a video of my issue : msfs su7 mouse bug with mid click button zooming out - YouTube

Some textures are also broken they seem to have changed to like a see through metal 1. on the window latches for example, sort of ruins the look, noticed it straight away, incredibly distracting, how do Q&A not see these things.

Please, have this fixed!

1 Like