Discussion + Poll: GOTY (1.21.13.0)

Germany here. The update shows in the MS Store but it is stuck at 0 Bytes for… never mind, it just installed

That’s got everything to do with the widescreen fix and I apologize but you would not believe the giant beach ball lollipops we had to contend with for over a year, try to pretend the runway edge needs weeding or the electrics need work.

lol fair enough!

Thanks for the feedback.

the download speed is horrible , 1.72 mbits/s

It’s more about where you are than what you have as far as downloads.

update124

1 Like

33.40 GB’s for the update.

Yea, good here.

160 Mbits here in Portland, Oregon. Whatever content distribution network they use is notoriously inconsistent though, as some people get absurdly low speeds while others get fine speeds.

2 Likes

From Malaysia doing around 70mbps, not sure if it’s my connection 100mbps limit.

You’re getting more than this forum gets, as it consistently goes down during the upgrade days lol.

Do the forums run on the same servers as the update? Keep getting 500 errors.

2 Likes

Not able to connect to the server: 11:30EST (Xbox).

This is related to the increase of people visiting the forum right now :slight_smile:

This unfortunately seems to be a consistent problem every update - the web team is engaged and investigating. Load is high for update days but that doesn’t seem to be the culprit so they are looking at other causes. If you’re lucky enough to see this, our apologies for the forum errors!

10 Likes

You don’t need restart to get the update. It’s stupid how they implemented it for XBox app, but you go to Microsoft Store, find the “Premium Deluxe” version (which is the version doing this), it says “Go to XBox to Install”, Click the “Go to XBox to Install”, XBox app will come up, and you will see a green box that says “Update Available”, click “Update Available” and open the left side menu to see the download in process. Leave it to MSFS 2020 to come up with a CONVOLUTED Procedure to update this game.

1 Like

Any one else who owns the premium delux seeing the standard edition download size of 33.40? is it normal?

3 Likes

Download speed varies between 1 mbps and 82 mbps for me. ooh up to 102 now. I didn’t know my wifi could do that! It’s usually the last 10% that takes forever.

I wish there was a way to skip these files… I will literally never care about tutorials

9 Likes

This is the case with literally every game on the Microsoft Store/Xbox App on PC. The Microsoft Store and apps that rely on that ecosystem have ALWAYS been terrible. Buy it on Steam if you don’t want to deal with these problems.

Here’s what I did:

• go to the MS Store
  • click “Get Updates”
  • wait for it to download and install several updates including to MSFS
  • launch MSFS
  • currently in MSFS’s download of its own data

No need to go to the Xbox app.

1 Like