Discussion + Poll: GOTY (1.21.13.0)

Directx12, this will be interesting!

3 Likes

OMG no. :slight_smile:

I believe the option to turn off HUD when external view is selected is gone. Can anyone else confirm?

On a plus, my FPS went up a bit. Getting just over 90 with LOD at 200 and everything on Ultra.

screen05434

Pretty fast server speed this afternoon.

2 Likes

it’s super buggy, i had to switch back to dx11

2 Likes

Can we install FBW 320 from Content Manager yet?

Oh wow, thats worrying!

I know these packages are big but 16 exabytes seems ridiculous! :wink:

(This seems to be a bug in the content manager while initializing downloading a new package, before it knows how big it is or something.)

5 Likes

If you expect that to be much functional yet you are probably in for some disappointment.

To be honest I just hope it gives some kind of performance improvement in VR…

Interesting. I thought it was an option you have to select at launching the sim, like other games that have DX10/11 and DX12 support.

That would be super awesome (VR user here) but that’s not even very likely after getting it stable and a couple of optimization runs in a few months.

Actually you need to restart the sim after switching to DX12

2 Likes

My muggle moment opening the updated game … BTW nice day here, corner desk between two open windows facing North … Anyway game begins to load and this perfect jet noise travels from speaker to speaker! I think wow, that’s an awesome effect and it’s like during pre loading!

Brain slowly realizes it’s an actual 380 going over me on final for KBOS :crazy_face:

6 Likes

It’s an option. Defaults to dx11. If you select dx12 beta you have to relaunch the sim. It’s in the release notes and it’s clearly beta so it will likely have bugs.

1 Like

Looks like you get some stuff with resolution down to the atomic level there, nice! :slight_smile:

" An extraordinarily large unit of digital data, one Exabyte (EB) is equal to 1,000 Petabytes or one billion gigabytes (GB). Some technologists have estimated that all the words ever spoken by mankind would be equal to five Exabytes."

I guess some technologists forgot to count how often people typed “immersion” in flightsim forums only last week. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Indeed, lots of stutters, fps is lower than DX11 and I can’t see any improvement in visuals. That said, its been made very clear that it’s just the beginning, should get better in time.

2 Likes

Had about 500mb download in Microsoft store then loaded the sim for a 33gb download at around 70mbs. One thing I have noticed if ever my downloads are slow I quit the sim and restart my pc and then start up the sim again and downloads are always quicker just in case this helps for anybody.

@HRHighness4588 found where it’s been moved to!

“Found it! It is in Assistance Options → User Experience → Instrument Heads Up Display → Minimal / Full.”

The minimal is really nice!

1 Like

Oh dear, did something reset a bunch of settings?

• assistance notification popups are on, though I turned them off months ago
  • there’s an HSI in the upper-left corner of my cockpit view that I do not want
  • external view has brought its HUD back

ALL THE ASSISTANCE options got reset to “Easy”.

3 Likes