Discussion + Poll: Sim Update 10 (1.27.21.0)

Or if we have to wait for another version of the executable. AKA a patch.

I think it means, that Asobo will activate it (read update) once the game ready drives are released.

If it was able to be triggered by drivers, they could never have put in the first beta because the drivers werenā€™t available then.

1 Like

My reading of the release notes is that it will be automatic but maybe Iā€™m being optimistic

1 Like

This happened to me , big jump to 6GB on way to 12.75GB total. Very strange.

1 Like

Performance the same here as with last beta (which I have not left as itā€™s the same build as released version) See the post in beta forum regarding how these will work going forward

The DLSS appeared after quitting and entering the game again.

Maybe a statement would be nice to this driver confusion

2 Likes

I had that option not showing up in settings for me. Got nvidia driver updated to latest one and dlss appeared.

1 Like

Lol

If you know the historyā€™s of MS Flightsims itā€™s no REAL surprise is it ?

Donā€™t even tell us if DX12 should be used with DLSS.

My fps at my test spot, has gone down from mid 50s to mid 30s.

DLSS quality makes ZERO difference to fps.

Is this because my native resolution is 4K ?

I donā€™t know. Does anyone ?

Back to DX11 and TAA for me. Just get a better PC :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am very disappointed.

Abd does HDR work with DLSS ? IT appears not to.

1 Like

People are expecting too much from Asobo, someone else too asks for an ā€œofficial statementā€ regarding the drivers :))

1 Like

Correct. Either driver can be used for gaming. The only difference is that the GRD Drivers are updated when major games are released.

4 Likes

Happened to me also

1 Like

It must be triggered by drivers in a sense though because AMD users already have it. Iā€™m no game dev but Iā€™d be surprised if it was not possible for MSFS to query the currently installed driver version on startup and do waht it does to enable the memory manager

All went well. Thank you Asobo and Microsoft. The only thing that they havenā€™t fix is the resetting of NAVLOG in bush trips.

1 Like

You donā€™t need DX12 to run DLSS, DX12 is only required for running raytracing

Though I have not done a complete flight, my download/install process was fast and smooth as ever. I loaded into Portland OR area, given Iā€™m from the area.

Normally I would get stuttering here and there and even would turn photogrammetry off just to get rid of melted flat buildings/better performance.

Turned on DLSS (balanced) photogrammetry on. Flew the drone around the city. Solid 45-50 FPS every where. Live weather looks amazing as well. Too me, I didnā€™t see any flat melted waste land buildings.

Yes, I know Iā€™m in the drone. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll get a FPS impact when Iā€™m in the Fenix or an actual plane ect.

Just wanted to say update seems great so far and look forward to experiencing more!! GREAT WORK!!!

5 Likes

Cleared out your community folder?

I have just installed studio driver and loading in now to compare the VRAM usage.

When the new Nvidia driver is in place then the new memory allocator for DX12 on PC wil work.
We only have to wait until Nvidia released the new driver.
Normaly they release there new drivers on Tuesday or sometimes on Wednesday.
There is nothing yet so i think it will be next week.

DLSS make the game so blurred. What am I supposed to do with it?

2 Likes