Discussion + Poll: Sim Update 9 (1.25.7.0)

Flying out of Miami International, started ok but as soon as I went to external view to sight see everything frozen for about 5 seconds. I shut off live weather and all seems ok now

Was away on the first days of update so just did it last night and flew this morning on Kodiak for about an hour with no CTD or major issues on a XBOX S. It is noticeable how trees are now smaller and I think graphics looked sharper and buildings more detailed but I am not sure I like that in the sense that graphics seems a bit too sharp and popping on the screen rather than merging nicely as they were in SU8. I think it is also clear that given the many different experiences on the same hardware ( XBOX ), after every update servers get hammered and maybe Asobo tweaks things here and there making for a first week when most of us experience CTD and issues. I am seeing more planes coming to XBOX which I am pleased about and I think we should be less critic than we are. They run XCloud Gaming on XBOX X machines which means that they will for sure want this to work and improve continuously and fix things that are not working. Patience is the game!

1 Like

Overall SU9 has been great for me (when it works). Aside from the black background popping in the splash screen when i start MSFS, pretty much everything else is smooth and performance is great (again: When it works).

The reason for the ā€œwhen it worksā€ statement is because i had severe FPS drops yesterday when i had live weather and multiplayer on. Once i turned them off, everything went back to normal.

But today, i did a couple of test flights with the A32NX and the 414 and both live weather and multiplayer running as smooth as it gets with FPS hitting 50 in the A32NX above 10,000 feet.

I think live weather and multiplayer issues were due to the connection/servers problems MSFS is currently having, which i read theyā€™re aware of and working on? Hopefully!

1 Like

I pointed this out in the other thread but people, allegedly sim veterans, started arguing with me left and right!

The Hornet is definitely slower now at height. At even 35,000-38,000+ feet, it will literally struggle to hit even mach 1.5. This was not the case before.

performance is fine at sea level, but itā€™s become slow and sluggish at height, acceleration wise. Also, with the modern model, it starts rocking left and right at really high altitudes and under the legacy model, it will do the same at really low altitudes.

All in all, Iā€™m using the legacy model for now because I can actually feel some G forces affecting the plan at different altitudes. Also, itā€™s not as painfully slow as the modern flight model when flying at height - you MAY be able to hit mach 1.6 if you climb to around 44,000 feet and then go into a shallow dive and stay level.

Weird behaviour for sure, the Hornet has enough thrust to hit mach 1.6 without having the need to go into a shallow dive from a really high altitude.

1 Like

Sorry, weā€™re you referring to my comment on the Super Hornetā€™s broken drag and thrust values at height?

SU9 definitely broke it. It was accelerating just fine at high altitudes before. Now it just feels underpowered after a certain height. It will not hit even mach 1.5 at 38,000+ feet unless you climb really high and go into a shallow dive.

On the plus side, thank God that dreadful G-lock has been minimised which prevented you from pitching and rolling the aircraft properly after a certain speed.

I hope Asobo is actively looking into this - the thrust, drag, acceleration, etc. is not correct for the Hornet at higher altitudes but fine at sea level.

MODERATOR EDIT: Removed ping to Asobo.
Please do not ping team members to bring attention to an issue or bug.

Noticed today that the sound is off. Thereā€™s an occasional distortion in the noise of aircraft engines, difficult to explain but it just doesnā€™t sound right. Again, an annoyance rather than rendering the sim unplayable, but itā€™s still there and it wasnā€™t before SU9.

Definitely the worst update so far in terms of regression, and silly little bugs that really should be ironed out before release (the flickering on windows being another prime example).

Itā€™s sloppy, and careless.

1 Like

For me this has probably been the smoothest update.

No Xbox app messing anything, very fast download with no interruptions, straight forward instalation of the content manager update, and no stability problems (200 Gb in my community folder, I never remove them).

I donĀ“t see any performance degradation. In fact, my sim is running a little bit faster, but since I also updated the motherboard chipset drivers, bios, and graphics card drivers, I canĀ“t say this extra performance has anything to do with the update (and less so, seeing so many peoble complaining of the opposite).

I like the new ATC voices. Too bad it is as useless as usual. Almost two years in, and they still ask me to land in a runway with heavy tailwind never used for landings in real life, only to complain in the last minute that IĀ“m not climbing to 10000 feetā€¦

IĀ“m also dissapointed that I still get some ā€œinvisibleā€ AI / Real Traffic aircraft, with only the lights visible.

Other than that, ItĀ“s working well.

Hiā€¦yes agree very bouncy even calm winds, delete layers

Thanks for te info on SU9 beta tests. That must have been so frustrating. I am not an Xbox fan as it relates to this sim but considering the effort to make it happen in the first place you would think that given the results od beta testing they would have delayed release.

My (admittedly baseless) hunch is that Microsoft probably put pressure on Asobo to release it.

But was it not Microsoft who insusisted on porting this sim to Xbox? How could they make such a foolish decision to risk braking it? Ir is so baffling!

I think Asobo do actually care about the sim and are doing their best with it, and the bugs/problems that persist. Microsoft, in my opinion, do not. Itā€™s just about the bottom line to them, nothing more.

1 Like

I have 3 CTDs so far at JFK and KLGA. Normally I get 50-60fps (DC6, storm weather 12am). Check the frame counter and something is running on the main thread wasnā€™t there before. GPU usage got cut 20% from the same seen at KLGA. They should allow two versions of the game on their server at one time. Forcing update on people is just terrible. I donā€™t need to be able to play with xbox console if I donā€™t want to. Crossplay is awesome but I also should have an option to opt out.

1 Like

And airliners landing on impossibly short runways!

Iā€™m not seeing the AI take off since SU9 release? I see them leave the gate and taxi but they stop during taxi and thatā€™s where it ends.

Anyone else have this issue?

Itā€™s clear the Asobo team cares , must be a daunting task.
Itā€™s just frustrating on the user side, so we vent

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen both. Sometimes it works fine. Planes will taxi and takeoff. I was #2 for takeoff last night and the plane in front of me took off without issue.

But Iā€™ve also seen planes that taxi and then just stop somewhere on the taxiway and never seem to move again. And thatā€™s new since SU9 as far as I can tell.

The MSFS team cares. That includes the folks at MS. I do firmly believe that and would be utterly shocked to discover otherwise.

But even though Jƶrg is the top dog in the MSFS team, heā€™s still a small cog in the huge machine that is MS. And he answers to people above him. And theyā€™re ultimately are the ones who will make decisions that are ā€œbestā€ for MS, and not necessarily for the sim, the community, or users.

Yes this what I said the F18 is broken in high altitude.

Yes, he may be passionate about MSFS. I donā€™t doubt it. But I would be willing to bet the bean counters he answers to, do not.

And thatā€™s exactly my point. Heā€™s a slave to the bean counters and marketing departments. Ultimately, what they want trumps what he wants.

2 Likes