Discussion + Poll: Sim Update V (1.18.13.0)

Might be interesting to see if this happens at other airports

Done a complete reinstall of the sim. Still getting CTDs after about 30 seconds in the main menu.

Totally true. Not one single flight.

I really badly want the old version back. The 3 second pop in waiting for imagery to load never happened before. Also the imagery isnā€™t cached in the RAM so every time you reset the view on a flight it reloads. Frustrating

2 Likes

Got my first CTD while zooming in the world map to select a gate ā€¦ :partying_face:

greets

1 Like

Tried to start from Frankfurt Main yesterday.
Constant CTD during loading the flight.
Doesnā€™t matter if you start at a gate or on the runway.
Confirmed by 3 friends of mine.

1 Like

I noticed (in control panel / programs) that I have 3 programs:

Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client v10. ā€¦

with three different ending numbers.

Is it normal ???

I am afraid to uninstall either.
Help please.

Thank you for the follow up and the answer that fixed the problem.

Edit:
I found this video which also may be helpful :

1 Like

im wondering how this can ever be sorted to update if you cant even launch the ā– ā– ā– ā–  things.
i dont even get 10 seconds before it ctd.

2 Likes

Good afternoon. After updating, I noticed such a problem. The problem lies in the compatibility of the PS4 gamepad control with the PC mouse while in the cockpit of the aircraft. That is, while on the plane, we will begin to rotate the overview camera with the mouse and control the plane with the PS4 gamepad at the same time. In this case, there is a conflict between the gamepad and the mouse. Namely, by rotating the overview camera, I cannot control the plane. Since joint control does not work in the cockpit. At the same time, if you are not in the cockpit, then the same actions work great. Before the update, there was no such problem ā€¦ Please note this ā€¦ I have a Steam version.

After a few hours of testing I feel I can give my opinion regarding SU5.

Positives:

• Loading Times shorter than before
  • Performance increase (solid 20 FPS more)

Negatives:

• Weird looking Clouds
  • Shader/Coloring looks off. Everything seems to be oversaturated and looks cartoonish. Especially white colors.
  • Trim too sensitive (one click translates to Ā±500fpm)
  • Menu tiles of training missions/Bushflights are way too big. Two tiles fill my whole screen which makes navigating a real hassle.

I appreciate the better performance, but I really hope that the whole color scheme and the clouds will be restored to what they have been before SU5. The whole sim looked better previously. I am sure that many like the FPS boost, but for me, 40 FPS with stunning graphics was more than satisfying. Maybe adding a slider to increase the graphics back to the level of SU 4 could be implemented.

1 Like

Yes, a few people seem to be reporting CTDs. I believe you. It looks like something needs fixing somewhere :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, great endeavour but comments understoodšŸ™‚

I think my comments ended up in the wrong reply. I was commenting about the DC-10ā€¦

"Itā€™s totally pointless to be honest. I have deleted that download.

That said, the flying hospital is a very worthy cause however if I want to look at a hospital, Iā€™ll buy a hospital sim programme."

I have researched a bit on the overexposed sky color and if you are using Nvidia GPUs, there is a tool called Nvidia Freestyle that works with MSFS and a lot of other games that allows you to adjust the colors/contrast/etc. I am going to try it and revert back (also saw a youtube video on it and it looks promising). That tool is part of the larger Geoforce Experience free product that is awful but I will download it and only use this color tuning part and not the other ā€œfeaturesā€ where it can override your graphics settings in MSFS in an attempt to optimize things (just be sure to leave that feature turned off on the nvidia software menu)

hello to all ,
I wanted to ask, are any of you using CaptainSimā€™s Boeing 777.300
I have malfunctions

Sim update V.

Negative:

A320/A32NX

• Thrustmaster TCA broken - several switches donā€™t work anymore. Engine one only starts by mouse clicking on software key (workaround).
  • Scenery colors to bright.
  • Speed knob, altitude knob and direction knob donā€™t work the way they work before. Manual mode and back to controled mode donā€™t work as before.
  • Blue high lighting of knobs and buttons very unreal.
  • Lots of unsuspected CTDā€™s (on every flight).

Positive:

• Much better loading times and performance increase.

Resume:

MSFS 2020 is not playable for me after the latest update.

2 Likes

Installation Process 2/10

Terribly slow, took over 8 hours to download the 40GB core update, whilst frapping my GPU so hard the temps reached 83% and I had to go into MSI Afterburner and manually reduce to max temps and power outputs and force 20 FPS in the NVidia control panel to prevent my PC from being overheated and killed!

Weirdly, once the core content was loaded I had another 40 or so GB to update within the sim content manager itself, and these all came down very quickly, an hour or so. Not sure why the core update was 1/8th the speed of the updates within the game?

Actual Update (currently unsuable but potentially 9/10)

So launch day, I flew for around 40 minutes and it was great. Noticeable FPS improvement and stutter free. I had cleared my community folder and then used Superspudā€™s Exeter airport and Salcombe airfield mod, along with Keith Hackettā€™s Paignton Pier, keeping everything else out of the folder.

It ran perfectly, nice experience and I was able to bump up the resolution in the G2 to 100.

Yesterday I added a couple more third party add ons, We Love VFR and Bijanā€™s Seasons Mod, and I also turned of motion reprojection in the OpenXR developer tool. Result is that my G2 looks a lot better visually with no propeller warp but the cockpit stutter is back and it runs like before the update.

More annoyingly it crashes to desktop about 5 mins from taking off from Exeter airport. Crashed 3 times and I gave up. Iā€™m guessing its either the motion reprojection being disabled or the We Love VFR or Bijan Season mod causing it as those are the only changes I made.

Overall, I can see the update has made clear improvements to the FPS and stutter and Iā€™m sure the crashes will be ironed out over the next couple of weeks so Iā€™m not concerned.

Will it or will MS say its not worth the cost/trouble and just cancel the whole project. And then youā€™d have no sim, and since its cloud based youā€™d have no sim.

2 Likes

I have tried 3 times now to start MSFS up and on loading before it gets to the main screen I have had CTDā€™S

thatā€™s really disappointing. Like a previous post of mine, this is down right criminal. ASOBO developers cant be that stupid to allow this version to be released as is. unless they have done it knowing it is ā– ā– ā– ā– 

1 Like