Discussion + Poll: Sim Update V (1.18.13.0)

Just noted that plans created using Little NavMap for MSFS don’t show correctly in VFR Map and G1000 NXI.

In the G1000, manually created waypoints are missed and some airports are missed.
In VFR Map, some airports are missed and incorrect routes added.

1 Like

https://www.flightsimulator.com/july-29th-2021-development-update/

1 Like

#1. Not being rude
#2. Not trying to impress anyone
#3. Don’t take posts so seriously…:crazy_face:

Completely unplayable. I can’t believe someone actually gave the okay to release this. It’s like prepay ransomeware.

1 Like

Just thought I’d reload scenery database from the current version of MSFS and resave the plan.

1. I loaded the plan into the World Map and every waypoint matched perfectly.
  2. loaded up the sim and this is what if found:

a) flight plan is nothing remotely like the plan loaded into MSFS
b) G1000NXI also supports the incorrect plan.

Here are the plans, which I planned to use in an event tonight.

MSFS:
IFR Finkenwerder (EDHI) to Hans Christian Andersen Airport (EKOD).pln (4.0 KB)

Little NavMap:
IFR Finkenwerder (EDHI) to Hans Christian Andersen Airport (EKOD).lnmpln (3.1 KB)

Thanks, I thought I was going mad lol :¬)

So it seems I was right, it has stopped using my HDD for the packages, and is using the SSD the sim is on. I have no idea how to change it, unless that path in the bottom right of my pic is where I can change it as it is installing.

Maybe I have to do that every time to make sure it goes to the right place

1 Like

They might also want to turn off the one two below, “Nombres De Instrumentos”/“Instrument Tooltips”, as that one shows the name of the switch or button as you mouseover it.

Have you also downloaded the worldupdates again in the content manager its about 20gb
They probably provide your needs

1 Like

Further to this, I reloaded the flight plan into MSFS and the VFR Map looked ok but the G1000NXI was incorrect. It didn’t support the POIs. There seems to be more work to do on the G1000 devices by WT (it is a beta afterall).

Yes i downloaded all
When you have not dowloaded you have see not EHRD

It is probably there but in a very basic way but with update very colourful and realisticly looking

I must be on a different sim from you guys. After a clean install and a few tweaks to reduce the CTDs, I got back to flying. I dont get popping, black triangles, or stutters. frames locked to 60 V-sync. 2080S 1440p set to ULTRA. lowest framerate I have had and thats over photogrammetry is 38fps, but smooth… so I dont care. Just those ■■■■■■ random CTDs, bodgy flight plans loaded into the Garmin, bodgy flight planning on the map screen. What bloody way point is TIME at every airport… hahahah… Anyway, hoping those issues are fixed tomorrow! - :crossed_fingers:t4:

2 Likes

I like your description… “prepay ransomware” :joy:

1 Like

I realized what happened, now. While looking through the original directory, adding Community content that did not show up (i.e. Liveries) During this install, I selected D: drive but didn’t realize the install kept with the standard installation, but on the D: drive. So I had two copies of the content on the D: drive. I went through the main directory and found Official and Community.

D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-3614399670-1168835466-867837764-1002\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages

1 Like

Don’t update to 1.18

1 Like

I don’t get any CTDs, lucky in that department :slight_smile: I just did the discovery flight over NY, at 2x sim rate. I didn’t notice any pop in there either. No idea, perhaps it runs with different settings, they certainly put up the best weather and lighting for NY. Simply beautiful.

I still get some stuttering in NY when using the smart cam and flying over the target. The big swing of the camera with the aggressive culling causes stutters. Don’t fly directly over I guess. Sometimes smart cam goes wrong though with too many pois together. In Stockholm it entered into a seizure, flickering between 2 pois back and forth.

The experience entirely depends on the location! (And discovery flights don’t have live traffic and multiplayer, probably also why they run a lot better)

The flight plans now include an extra point in line with the runway. I guess to make it easier, now the plane automatically lines up if you turn on autopilot. Sucks when you’re in an airliner as it steers you into the middle of the ILS approach confusing ATC which sends you all the way around.

2 steps forward, 2 steps back.

3 Likes

All the patch notes, and known issues are on the Microsoft flight simulator wensire

It gets worse. I planned a flight from runway 8 at Juneau to Fairbanks. If I followed it, it would have taken me into the mountain.

Turns out these graphics glitches are not tied to TrackIr5 - so now I have no idea what the cause is.
all I know is that MSFS is unusable in this condition.
Note the tearing at the top of the screen, the odd glitches when switching views, and less obvious in this video but definitely occurring since SU5 are the endless micro pauses / stuttering

1 Like

Not surprising, ATC has send me into mountains as well before :slight_smile:

Giving me a VFR approach in the A320, stick to 2,000ft and fly this heading. Erm, no thank you. (was going to KSFO)

Maybe saving the flight plan first, then edit the .pln file (remove the bogus waypoints) and loading it back into the world map can fix it.