Discussion + Poll: Sim Update V (1.18.13.0)

Yes, quite unbelievable, especially given the time they needed for much smaller hotfixes previously.

If I were a bit more cynical, I might think they were aware of these problems when SU5 was released, and were already preparing the hotfix - the update went ahead with known issues because they had to meet the deadline for XBox.

5 Likes

Hi,

I was free of stuttering from the beginning. no degrade of performancd till yet. But I got CTDĀ“s as described by a lot of other peopleā€¦

Day 1: No CTD
Day 2: CTD while zooming the world map
Day 3: CTD while loading. I saw tha the update check was not alive. So I guess it could be the loss of server connection?1
Day 3: CTD while loading the new situation.
Day 3: After new start no CTD with the same situation ā€¦

SPOOOOKY ā€¦

Greets Klaus

Same here. On Wednesday a quit gaming after the 5th CTD. But yesterday was smooth, no issues, great performance. But to be honest, there was also an FBW update yesterday so maybe the fixed it already for me.

Of course bugs like the wrong altitude are annoying, but hey, I can wait, Asobo will fix it.

I have finally had a couple of hours of flying without a CTD. I have had a dodgy nic card that I got sorted, it was dropping off and on the network. Interesting thing is that the sim froze when it lost connectivity with the servers, GPU drops to 0. Once I got it connected again the game continued on. I am wondering if the freezes people are experiencing is server load, and temporarily losing connectivity? I also upgraded to the latest NVIDIA driver and turned on DSR @ 1.5% native, fixed the fact windows thought my 165Hz monitors were 60hz ā€¦ GPU runs at 99 - 100% @ 62c, and it was beautifulā€¦ no popping, no stuttering, no tearing (except for in my eye) ā€¦ after yesterdays dramas and wanting to throw my PC in the bin, it was glorious, this sim is beautiful when it works at 1440p with ULTRA settings and live weatherā€¦

No.
No.
Yes.

I ran the sim fine since last August. EDDF-EDDM is my test route.

Nothing has changed, all mods (FBW, WT) cleared, cache cleared.

Result. Now frequent CTDs. Awful clouds. Washed out colors.

9700K at 4.9Ghz. (donā€™t tell me to reduce OC I rather quit using MSFS if they canā€™t fix this, worked for almost 1 year). 2070S. 64G at 3600B. 500MBit Internet. NVME.

SIM on conservative 2K and High. (My system is bored at those settings, but still CTDs).

BTW. Those ridiculous first day errors still not fixed. Unbelievable. Now a hot fix - great. Why not do it right the first time (3 days ago).

1 Like

Let me see if I can dig up some former screenshots and some recent ones with the strange flat looking clouds and the washed out colors. But as I read here, this seems a common problem also observed by others. So why are your pics looking ok?

Notice that too. Just go to the control mapping and click reverse.

I actually feel sorry for the X box enthusiasts that Microsoft feel they need a dumb version of FS2020 to attract them. The game is good enough and so are Xbox players to play the same identical system. I hope we donā€™t lose X box players before they get into the sim frame of mind. Sorry if I am being stupid but thatā€™s how I feel.

azure voice services offline on South East Asia server. Now we are hitting peak time for gaming here on the east coast of Australia and through Asia. First CTD for the day, slow loading. I think some of our issues are server load for sure.

Thanks, I am new and do not know how to do that. Do not know how to publish new item, only to answer some one. Pse help.

No disrespect but as a real problem thatā€™s really not up there on the priority list for me. Sure itā€™s slightly annoying if you go looking for it but the game breaking issues are what they need to sort out and also stop introducing.

The control system is bananas, mouse randomly stops moving smoothly, long game freezes, CTDā€™s (again). Too many console concessions for people I doubt will still be around in a year.

South East Asia server seems to be down, cannot log inā€¦

Dunno! Might be that it works great in HDR?

I encountered another persistent issue when i started flying b787 on longer flight cruising at 35000 on autopilot auto thrust. after an hour the autothrust button light started blinking and plane stopped following inputted speedā€¦ i cant re-engaged the autothrust any further!..and control airspeed manuallyā€¦ wonder anyone flew similar scenario and encountered this? I use default b787 in msfs.

there are many thousands playing right now, so its not so bad for them.

1 Like

Does anyone know, what this error means?

OK, has been solved. Logging out and in again from the XBox-App was the solutionā€¦

I donā€™t think anyone would complain about the hotfix coming out so soon after SU5, and going over the release notes it has a lot of fixes in there.

However I canā€™t believe for a second that all of those got fixed in the last three days. Itā€™s such a shame that releases are so wedded to a date that they are forced to knowingly push out a broken release while they desperately work on the hotfix for a few days later.

It makes me wonder how messed up the release would have had to have been to actually delay it.

1 Like

Youā€™ve asked in English, the message is in German

verbindung unterbrochen = connection interrupted

Google translate is amazing

1 Like

I did a bit more testing last night having scrubbed the community folder, cleared all cached scenery etc. etc. and restarted a few times to ensure that the programme was as clean as possible.

I fly exclusively in VR (once you do, you never go back) and had a couple of CTDā€™s at different stages. Once it had settled down, I re-introduced the latest dev version of the A32NX and the absolutely terrific Just Flight Warrior. The PA28 loaded without any issues but with the A32NX, I noticed that the illuminated parts of the instrument displays (radio frequencies, auto-pilot numbers, vertical speed selections etc.) showed some strobing.

I then loaded the first 10% of my normal community folder and attempted a 3rd party landing challenge. I got a CTD during the loading phase so I re-started the programme and tried again. This time it worked.

I am not an IT expert but the experience is consistent with a config file not recognising the instance of an installed component. A repeated attempt appears to fix it somehow.

Anyway folks, as JFK once said, ā€œwe (Asobo) do these things, not because they are easy but because they are hardā€. I appreciate all of the hard work taking place to investigate and resolve the issues.

Oh, thank you for translating this message from german to englishā€¦ not exactly what i asked for, but thank youā€¦

OK, some explanations: I asked in english, because the forum speaks english. The Screenshot is german, because my PC-Language is german.

What i really want to know, is a solution. My internetconnection is of course not interrupted, this message from MSFS is wrong. From this point, i asked again: Does anyone know, what this message really means?