Discussion + Poll: Sim Update V (1.18.13.0)

That’s what I experienced too, sometimes trying the same thing multiple times helps and CTDs dissappear. Still, I don’t think this is exactly reassuring.

There’s a chance that my comment wasn’t entirely serious :wink:

didi a flight from KLAX to KSAN with the FBW bus. It was great. no CTD, no stuttering, but the popping scenery elements. For sure, I can deal with the popping elements more than with the stuttering :slight_smile:

The weather bug will be repaired, I am sure … :-p …

One big wish: Leave the system as it is to avoid again stuttering …

Menu prompts.
I have a PC and MSFS.
Are these bottom menu prompts for Xbox users (screenshot)?

2 Likes

Vsync locled 60 fps … not free of stuttering !!!

just another with locked 30 … looks different to 60 fps locked

1 Like

Vsync off !! not flyable due to the moving scenery but as you can see,not only 1 core is running 100 %

It means that you lost connection to the msfs server.
Hat nichts zu tun mit deine internet connection

I had the same problem so I decided to download at night and it was full speed download

Hello Fred,

thank you. Can i do anything to solve this problem?

None taken and likewise none of what you mentioned is on the priority list for me. I have not had any of what you mentioned however I’m not saying they don’t exist. Other flight sim forums will concur that what I point out is a pretty big deal.

No, those are coding issues, where they are not showing the button bound, but the code/function behind it. The bottom left two you indicate are what they should look like, indicating the button to press.

These bugs crop up from time to time, with a common one being the ATC window.

I guess ASOBO will have to fix this - I noticed it on several (default) aircraft. I have an axis for pitch trim but full control can’t be got despite selecting/deselecting Autopilots or Copilot ‘assistance’ - and in some aircraft like the Citation Longitude, it slowly motors one way. never reaches proper trim even with the X-cub (and presumably other ‘small fry’

Odd thing though is that I downloaded it when it appeared a few days before the sim update. It was flyable then (but at first it had a bare cockpit with nothing showing or working - then after 2 mins or so it all came to life. Haven’t even looked for it since the ‘poltergeist sim update’

CTDs - some fixes that helped me: so I got a lot of them seemingly regardless of number of other fliers/areas to fly over/empty or full Community folder.
Almost none now after this.
I looked for any controls and USB ports in Device Manger and found some with ‘power management’. I turned off the permission for windows to shut them down to save power.
I revisited the antivirus and told it to leave MSFS alone (guessing since its virtually a new program that it didn’t keep the old instruction)
I did a disk clean and optimise (or defrag if you have non SSDs)
Still got occasional CTDs but then I looked at the windows X-Box app. This has caused probs before and there can be a buggy link driver or whatever in it. I never bothered with the ‘techy’ approach so all I do (quicker and easier) is to uninstall - switch off PC, switch on, use Microsoft Store to reinstall.
Obviously can’t say it is fixed totally but these steps made many CTDs into almost none.
I expect an ASOBO fix will be needed for 100% killing of them.

Am i the only one who cannot actually lock the FPS? I have tried in Nvidia Control Panel which does nothing and with Vsync which also does nothing.

3 Likes

I have it locked to 50 FPS using Nvidia Control Panel. It’s working fine.

1 Like

I lock it to 30 in the control panel then use the Alt - R overlay and it shows 40-67. Bizarre

2 Likes

Does anyone had or have issues downloading nordic as its looping after it has downloaded 300mb of 4gb.

I don’t think that’s cynical at all and is likely exactly what happened. They would have reached a point some days ago where time was called and the update would be handed off to the people in charge of the update servers. From that point on, the programmers would be able to start working on fixes for the stuff they knew about but just ran out of time on.

Speculation but I’ve seen things go down like this.

1 Like