Discussion + Poll: Sim Update V (1.18.13.0)

Finally managed to fly ESSA to LGTS, A320neo FlyByWire. I suspect CTDs has a lot to do with overloaded servers(?) because it’s getting better certain times. Had a few issues that may or may not be attributed to the aircraft mod more than the patch, but biggest issue was really bad cockpit textures flickering when using TAA antialiasing. Tried all settings and updating drivers but still issues. And all other AA settings looks bad. Will try with other aircraft and check nvidia control panel settings too.

Not that i am aware of…
You could however check that you,r server is in the same region as you self…
If you are in Germany check that you use the ,west-europe, server. By clicking your avatar in the game.
If you are downloading updates then it,s not possible so far as i know to chance server.

Greetz Fred

Is there anyone who is having CTDs not using AI traffic? I fly online using VATSIM which is a totally different experience than what the sim offers and I’m not having this issue.

I had CTD’s when I first started the sim up this morning. For me it was the latest windows update that hadn’t downloaded yet. Once I downloaded and installed the update, everything was back to normal.

1 Like

Anyone getting CTDs should turn off AI traffic at least until the patch today. That was listed in the release notes as a known issue.

Traffic from Enhanced Live Traffic, at least on my system, was also stable. AI traffic is off though.

Exactly, I see a lot of people talking about CTDs and using AI traffic on VATSIM is a big no-no. This is probably the reason I have not had any crashes. It would nice to get some input from another VATSIM user and hear if they’re crashing and if so if they can check and see is AI traffic is enabled.

1 Like

Whats even stranger, is I have never turned off AI traffic, and I’ve been using the modified IVOA CSL with model matching as traffic, with no CTD.

Hello Fred, i found the solution meanwhile… Logging off and on again in the XBox-App is the key… strange, but true… Update is currently loading… thanks…

Good to know…
Thanks

Just tried on my old kit in Dev mode for FPS. Incredible performance, no need to rush out and get a new PC yet.
AMD FX 8350 16Gb, Radeon RX570 8Gb
Flying the spitfire with FPS set to 30 green all the time at 30FPS.
Nice and steady, no blips. Really clean.
FPS at 60, managed average of 48FPS in red. Spit was much more sensitive but all was running really well.
Impressed with this update.

1 Like

Strange pols and lakes since SU5 …

1 Like

i had a CTD turning the APU bleed off in the Asobo A320 (FBW A320 removed?)

Downloading the update i had one crash but that was it. I expect one or two usually so it’s not surprising to me

First flight with the update, my whole computer took a dookie

Thanks for the reply and the answer.

1 Like

I would say this update holds the world record for performance increase of any sim since the sub-logic days.

There’s a huge bunch of work done on the memory footprint and better usage of the GPU too, and for me, at 4k and 100% render it still looks great.

Heathrow + A320 was a slideshow for me now it’s stunning.

Lighting is much better in terms of the light to dark of entering clouds. When I did an IFR approach yesterday and I entered the darkening cloud at 60FPS I could feel my pulse rate increase.

Thanks for this, will try VR later .

Ok niggles i’ve found

1. Got rid of those new tooltips (for console users)
  2. Any mouse interaction excludes controller inputs
  3. Weather seems buggy again that old 10kt bug everywhere … then 57kts … then 10 . OAT is glitched in upper FLs causing eng perf issues
  4. Brightness when visibility on ground is lower seems too high (cloud reflection ??)
  5. Weather and ground textures seems to have an issue in US, for example, yesterday in PADU it was 30C but the snow and ice ground textures were visibile. Setting to clear day set them to summer.
  6. Has the flight model changed it seems a bit more linear
  7. On the FBW 320 I get an issue in some flights where the engines will not spool up further to increase speed for cruise or climb past a certain point (200kts) even when all systems are in the correct mode and the Cost index and managed 290kts is set and there’s no restriction in the mcdu for speed on that leg (and i’m not in approach {Appr} mode). It seems to happen when there’s a large wind direction shift.
  8. ILS on the TBM I seem to have problems now when manually using it to shoot an approach getting it to lock on either LOC1 or 2. This worked perfectly before.
  9. My UK2000 EGPF airport now shows when I select it on the TBMs computer as a duplicate. I’m assuming that’s probably a fix needed in the 3rd party airport.
2 Likes

Will it take you from start up…fly you…land you…parks?

Seems like the drone camera has a life on its own.

I noticed that the drone camera rolls automatically.

Are anyone of you guys experiencing similar things?

Wow!! This definitely needs an update!!

Anybody noticed Shock Ultra is broken again? The air speed indicator and some more…

i am not sure… I kind a like it
Looks like a combat fight :grinning: