Discussion + Poll: Sim Update VII (January Build 1.21.18.0)

I’ve tried out the latest download and it seems to be ok. Recently, I’ve fiddled about with my settings, desperately trying to get the smoothest experience. I’ve hardly altered the nvidia settings and tried not to be too extreme with the in-game settings. Well, just now I’ve flown the Hornet in VR at a low level averaging 500 kts across the SE of UK and … it’s been the smoothest ever!

Just insane that this keeps happening. No problem as I have fast internet but there should not be any excuses. Microsoft needs to really get their act together. This is unacceptable.

Ah ok thanks where can I update that?

My expereince was

I started MSFS this morning and it said there was an Update. (about 500MB , or was it 599kB ? )

I had a “Fully Loaded” Community folder at the time, 2000+ files, but I just took the plunge, and hit UPDATE.

It updated, and runs fine.

It was running fine before – I have not had a CTD in months.

To me, the important thing is not so much what BUGS and issues MSFS has for different people, but why, so many different people seem to be having a very different BUG & CTD experience.

I would say it was different PCs and PC configurations, but the X-Box Guys seem to be having almost the same different experience - making the most significant common denominator, INTERNET Connectivity - and maybe MSFS’s ability to handle the collection and processing of the Internet data streams.

Just another WILD Guess form someone who does not really have any facts to back up his theory !!

2 Likes

For those of you who are being prompted to perform a complete re-install (~115GB), were you part of the recent Pre-Release Test or not?

2 Likes

Hi there!

Windows 11, MS Store, RTX 3060 and Ryzen 5600x - Brazil

-Smooth and fast update, used all my bandwidth (300mbps).
-Community fold OK
-Improved menu, less lagging
-Flight with EMB-110 from SBSV-SBAR airport smooth and improved around 10 fps
-No CTDs

Everything’s fine. Better. Good Work Asobo!!!

6 Likes

This is the kind of stuff that makes people not want to join beta these kind of issues ! Here we are trying to come together with our experience to help the sim and community by testing this stuff and in return we’re stuck with these ridiculous post beta issues !

2 Likes

Yes i was.

Beta – download was 500MB ? went ahead and accepted update --(with full community folder), and all went fine. I still have a STABLE MSFS, with no CTD’s for over 6 weeks now.
Note MSFS installed to default C drive, and Community folder also default, but using an Addon Linker, with addon files on a different SSD to that of MSFS,

No FBW or Nxi installed … (could be significant ? )

Still can’t go in and out of VR without pressing CTR 0. Still have to use it for mouse clicks in the cockpit and seat position. HTF can they fix only one minor aspect of the mouse (taskbar) and nothing else?? Still horrible judders in VR headsets. I see little changes whatsoever.
This update seems merely placebo.

1 Like

How would we know?

If you don’t know, then you almost certainly were not in the Pre-Release test. You had to manually opt-in to it.

All went fine with steam version.

Don’t see anything better or worse:-) but it seems most improved things are related to weather anyway

1 Like

CTD when in flight after manually typing in an IFR flight plan… URGHHHHH. When will this sim ever be stable… and yes, community folder was empty… Must say its the first CTD I have had for a month or so. I was in VR so maybe its that.

same here CTD… wonder if it some add on community folder.

What? I guess you do not really know what testing is about.

You test what is going to be released.
If it’s OK, you release it.
So of course it will not be changed …
If you change it, you need to test it again …

3 Likes

Yep I was!!!
Had a small update in game 500MB or so after Leaving the Beta in Xbox insider app.
Had an update of 1.4 gig in Microsoft Store.
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe had disappeared. Then reappeared but no Community or Official folders.
Restarted Sim to face 115 Gig complete install :open_mouth: :frowning_face:

Yes I was part of the pre release and now installing the full 115gb

The other way to know is that you would have had the latest version number since a month or so.