Discussion + Poll: Sim Update VII (January Build 1.21.18.0)

Yes if/when they update the plane models in that PD version (even for small bug fixes)

Iv never removed anything or Re named my community folder since launch…Never had any problems as far as that goes…

The only problems i ever seem to get, Is when a sim update comes out and the Devs seem to break things what was working fine before hand

If you opted into the Beta last month then the installer today didn’t know that and selected C: drive, so all Beta users from last month had to re-point the installer today to their custom path. Before I did the Beta last month the installer always got it right, but not today so I had to make that small fix to avoid the entire 115gb download.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up!

Did you follow the clearly marked instructions?

I am disappointed that the “problem” with the Bravo Trim wheel (lack of sensitivity that was broken a few updates ago after being previously fixed) has not been addressed again. I was really hoping that this would be fixed again… :frowning:

1 Like

CTD before KUXEN seems to be fixed.
Thank you Asobo :slight_smile:

I think the Live weather is “usable”, its just the ATC that is, and always has been, messed up.

Its not a total “Game” Killer …

What I do is to follow ATC, up to where they start telling me to do incorrect things, and then, whatever they say, I do what they SHOULD have said, and to me then, all is OK.

The added bonus being, after a time ATC gets frustrated with me for not following instructions, and terminates Radar services, and I just say “Thank You for Nothing” and continue my flight in peace.

The future is, Asobo are NOT going to fix ATC

– I believe WT have been tasked to do this in 2022/2023, and since they have at least one Commercial Pilot on their team, they should be getting it right.

These Bugs in MSFS are all about attitude - you can let them upset you, and run around crying about your IMMERSION being destroyed, as you fly your plane from the couch – or you can use your imagination, and find a work around, and ENJOY the MSFS experience.

But I know YOU know this already :+1:

13 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

Took the update from Microsoft Store. Started sim. Kept saying Need UPDATE. I updated it like 5 times and kept saying you need update. Restarted PC. Went into Store again and updated it. This time it loads and tells me my UPDATE is 115GB. ■■■ Microsoft!!!

Looks like you are doing a fresh install ?? 115GB !!

I carried out the following:

Not mentioned anywhere anything about community folders contents wiping, or that the path may be different now. So whilst some here can say with hindsight that I should of preempted this very annoying situation by making a copy of the community folder I disagree unless specifically instructed to do so.

1 Like

Is your community folder still intact?

I’m still downloading but it is blank. It was blank to start out with.

Hi,
They seem to have fixed the toolbar in VR. Other than that I saw no change yet.

Yup I was in the beta LOL now I need 115GB install. Gets better each time with Microsoft.

1 Like

Same for me… I was in the Beta too and 115Gb to download and Community folder erased…

The white dot survived once again :rofl:
No more freezes while changing pilot positions✌

Did you have a custom installation folder? If not now’s the time to do this. I had no re-install issues ever after.