Discussion + Poll: Sim Update VII (January Build 1.21.18.0)

Have the same, wont install it anymore, im done with this game :exploding_head:

4 Likes

Using the CapFrameX software. (fluff because min 10characters)

Did you have the standard installation path or a custom installation path?

I have to say that Iā€™ve learnt in the past donā€™t update your sim on the hour of update release, wait until much later when hopefully its quiet.

Looking forward to reverse thrusters working again on my throttle.

1 Like

Everything standard. I now have microsoft.flight.simulator.jibberish and the closed preview in my packages folder both with empty community folders.

Hi everyone, i have been able to update without CTD, but i got stuck at some point when the game tried to update my effect folder (because before i had altered some effect files). So i had to close the game, delete the effects folder and succesfully the update has done. Hope it helpsā€¦

Thanks for the update!

Adding to this point:
Fixed unable to pan / drag WorldMap using a custom mouse profile. Add a slot in Control Menu

It would be handy if you would add which command to add. I found it is GRAB WORLDMAP which you have to assign to your left mouseclick.

Just a tip!

correct, CapFrameX

MS Store

After the reboot the remaining 7 files were downloaded and installed without problem ā€¦
In clean configuration (without any add-ons) no CTD.
Even with all addons activated, no CTDs.

Grazie MS / Asobo

2 Likes

No issues with the update here. Disabled the beta in Steam, fired up the sim and got the aforementioned 580kb update. That was everything.

2 Likes

Correct, KSNS 061653Z 10004KT M1/4SM R31/0800V1000FT FG VV002 09/08 A3012 RMK AO2 SLP208 T00890078

I was just told by MSFS ATC to expect a visual to runway 26. Totally and utterly stupid.

I expected to try the RNAV 13 and likely have to go missed and fly to the alternate KMRY 061654Z 08004KT 10SM CLR 11/09 A3011 RMK AO2 SLP208 T01110094

But no, MSFS ATC is clueless, all because ATC has nothing to do with screenshots and social issues.

MSFS live weather remains totally useless to me, because MSFS ATC is useless. :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

The installer is tricky.

It displays and shows the ā€œInstallā€ on the C:******* (or boot) drive.

I didnā€™t notice it and clicked okay.
Then it hit me for some reason. I thought of the C:******* description and exited FS2020.

Started it again.
This time, I clicked ā€œBrowseā€ and selected my D:\FS2020 folder for the install.

It installed okay to the D:\FS2020 folder.

The installer should indicate the install to go where you have it specified in the UserCFG.opt file by default.

3 Likes

Was hoping P51A Mrs Virginia prop animation would be fixed but appears not when I tried it.

500ish KB for me, also participated in the beta but on Steam. I lucked out. I did what @TidalPopcorn618 did and opted out of the beta first, not sure if that mattered.

1 Like

Well my download and content manger updates went smooth this time around, Windows store version

Have my Mrs over soon so ill be flying for a few hours in VR tomorrow and report back any problems (Fingers crossed i wont need to)

Did you not keep a backup of that folder? Ever since day 1 of MSFS they have been loud and clear on re-naming or moving the Community Folder before launching a sim update as the update can create a new empty community folder. And mods are not their responsibility either and they are up front about that. So itā€™s annoying and a giant pain if in fact you didnā€™t keep a copy somewhere but thatā€™s not because they are amateurs on their end.

5 Likes

I flew for 25 hrs straight without break from KJFK to KLAX in this build. May I call it stable? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

The patch do not fix that: Glitchy Pixels at top of screen - #232 by BluBirdPlayr

Must this be reset in the sim?

For me the installer points to my custom d:/msfs folder, every single time. It makes me always curious why this should be different for someone else.

1 Like