Discussion + Poll: Sim Update VIII (1.23.12.0)

It’s any airport. But in this instance it is KCMA, which is a single runway airport (~6’000FT) with a handful of small buildings. No big commercial terminal or any framerate heavy objects. Notice settings on medium with LOD at 50. It’s baffling.

Yeah, I got nothing. That shouldn’t be happening…

Over the moon with this update. I fly solely in VR and before updating to SU8 changing any setting or Ctrl+Tabbing would make my frame rates tumble with no recovery until I restart my pc.
Now I can change anything I like flipping between pancake mode and VR and the frame rate stays stable while experimenting with different graphics settings.

I don’t understand why the following post has beed tagged as “bug-logged”.
[BUG] Cockpit Camera - Toggle Copilot View - Bugs & Issues / Miscellaneous - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums
It is the simillar issue with landing view.

Yes looks like it is working again, so far 3 for 3, no freeze after clicking “FLY”. As suggested removed GAIST and it’s working. Thanks for the solution. :+1:

1 Like

I had this problem too. After each try to update, I should reinstall all things. 6 hrs of work every time. Since last 3 update, I dont know why, the system accept the update without reinstalling the game…

I do not have this issue, and never have (on a mid range Gaming Laptop - Acer Nitro 5)

1 Like

Try updating WTG3000, it works for me

Nexrad and weather radar still don’t work on xbox.
Completing the main event does not count toward achievements…

Whats it like for you in the dark in clouds with a prop plane with your landing light on ?

It pains me for all the work the Asobo devs put into SU8, but I wish I were back on SU7 state.

2 Likes

Okay. I can confirm not having the loading circle (and much less to no stutters) when having the dev mode activated all the time. So it could be something with flight logging.

Hello. It is not necessary to have it activated all the time.
It is enough to activate it and immediately deactivate it at the beginning of each flight.

I tried that. Did not help.

After two days having ctds every time I pressed the fly button I managed to load a flight last night, perhaps the hotfix yesterday helped. I seem to have less stutters but they’re still there, frames are a bit lower too but not by much.
-There’s no windshield reflections anymore
-They’ve done something to the texture quality. Airport buildings, traffic and clutter used to look realistic now look cartoonish, pixelated with little reflection. I have everithing on ultra with LODs at 100 but it looks like low or medium.
-Keyboard shortcuts now makes the game stutter every time you press one. Sometimes they don’t even work ( looks like some kind of lag) .
-There was two atc voices talking on top of each other most of the flight. My pilot response voice couldn’t be heard.
-There was rain going the wrong way down the windshield while in flight.
I eventually exited the flight, there was no point. I feel mugged. It seems the performance tweeks they do is just messing with cfg files and the like. It seems to me that they will never optimize this game Down to the core. It doesn’t matter that I’ve got a rtx 3080ti because it’s mostly redundant even with all settings up. And cpu is still tied heavily to the first core.
I reinstalled my addons one by one but the results were the same.
I wonder if anyone is having this same issues.

i guess a lot of us have that…the result will be a lot of the really casual players will be gone.
shame.

1 Like

The diversity of behaviors of the simulator is surprising.
In my case, with the developer mode trick, I get very smooth flights and I don’t notice the problems you say.
Hope you can fix them.
Ryzen 5 - GTX 1080 TI - 32GB - Quest 2
This is my setup in VR:

You know… in terms of the FEATURES? I can’t think of many things we still need. Seasons is a big one… and perhaps support for more than one set of wings (biplanes etc)… That’s all I can think of. If they JUST added those and left the sim be in terms of features, we’d have a more-or-less stable platform for 3rd party folk to add great aircraft and scenery for. Maybe I am not being as ambitious as Asobo. Maybe it’s just my OWN set of expectations for the sim that doesn’t correspond to the vision or desires of others. But I’d be perfectly happy if after this year they just… left it be. :wink:

Maybe that helps in resolving this issue.

1 Like