Discussion + Poll: Sim Update VIII (1.23.12.0)

And 20 GB in Content manager :grinning::grinning::grinning:
Wow

To be fair, they mentioned it was a ā€œpartial fixā€ and does not work for everyone.

I just tested, 67FPS on the ground, popped a panel, down to 36FPS. Unfortunately it does not work for me.

1 Like

Same for me. Donā€™t know if Iā€™m still on the beta or on SU8. My version states 1.23.12.0 but there was no new update downloaded and as you say the beta no longer appears in the Insider Hub

well, but I cannot exit the beta via xbox insider since I am not in the beta anymore even though I explicitely did not exit until the final SU8 was released? So when xbox insider says I am out of beta it means I am out of beta but I do not get an MS Store update because the last beta build equals todays release candidate?

Donā€™t forget to vote to let us know how your installation is going!

We will open other surveys soon.

Not sure if itā€™s only more than the main display plus 1 additional external window, as they mentioned ā€œmultiple external windowsā€

I popped out both the PFD and MFD :slight_smile:

:+1: Ok, will check too

1 Like

Exit and re-launch the MS Store. Sometimes, the update isnā€™t showing up directly.
Make sure that Gaming Services areisup to date also.

CTD in content manager just downloading the remaining updates with an empty community folder :grimacing:

1 Like

That doesnā€™t help much if you canā€™t see the entry for the beta in the Insider so you can leave it in the first place.

2 Likes

Im not receive any update anywhere to update to the latest SU8 , not on the xbox app, or the store or in the sim.

Well I re come on this, what I would mentioned is that they perhaps only fixed the difference between the first external window and the following windows. So it could be your drop from 67 to 36 is normal between the main display and only the first external window. Did you check at which point it occurs ? : between main display and first external window, or only with 2nd additional external window ? Let time between actions to get the proper values.

Which aircraft for testing ?

So its downloaded rebooted everything, performance for me is no better and maybe a bit worse. The worst part of it now is that the little loading wheel is popping up every couple of min and it never did this before except in the last beta. Ive done a clean install since the beta as well so it isnt thatā€¦

F

Is there a keybind to re-center tobii?

F12 - but you need to be using the latest default keyboard layout

Getting crash when trying to start a flight after updating. Msfs loads but once I have selected my plane and flight plan and click go or crashes.

1 Like

do you know what the bind is called so I can assign it? Donā€™t really wanna recreate my current bindingsā€¦

Itā€™s been awhile since iā€™ve been on the sim. Is the ā€œnot having world update areas installedā€ still a valid workaround for performance loss? Kinda want to install them again, but donā€™t want to waste my time if it destroys performance.

Anti ransom kaspersky detects malware on msfs2020 bootā€¦ and close application! :smiley:

Make sure vsync is off in the sim and in the nvidia control panel. That fixed it for me