Discussion + Poll: World Update IV (1.15.7.0)

The reason I ask is that when I took off from LFPG, no frequencies were available other than CTAF, and it was the same for all surrounding airports as well.

I had removed the Navigraph data as per the recommended upgrade process. When I restored it for my next flight, I flew from Nice, and could access Ground, and Tower, but I never went back to LFPG. I’ll do that tonight to compare.

Well, no mention of the WASM issue as far as I see… which is unbelievable.

1 Like

Patience is a virtue. The update has been out for all of two days.

Yep, but they knew they were breaking stuff before pushing the release. Many people have either spent loads of money or loads of hrs in buying or building their equipment which is rendered useless with 1 update.

So not mentioning it here while they were updating it today… is well… again, not so respectful.

2 Likes

I too have been affected, and cannot use the SPAD bridge for LVARs. I have a workaround, and use SimConnect variables instead, but I can understand that this is frustrating for those who don’t have access to said workaround.

Unless the fix can come from third parties, we’ll have to wait to see how Asobo deal with this.

I haven’t looked, but is there a thread we can all jump on to vote this up, and give it higher visibility?

Have you logged a Zendesk ticket about this? That’s the best way to get their attention.

Yes, please vote here: WASM standalone Module causing CTD on launch after World Update 4 patch

1 Like

Voted, and thanks! :+1:

1 Like

Contacted Tower to perform Touch and Goes and Flight Following.

No problems. Smooth as silk. All setting on Ultra and in 4K. Looks Great. Plenty of other traffic.

Interesting. And you don’t have Navigraph data installed? I had completely emptied my Community folder, and when I spawned at LFPG the only frequency available was 122.8/9, where I could announce taxi, but not actually contact anyone.

I then went down the list of Nearest Airports, and every one on the first page was exactly the same.

I have the Navigraph beta that I use with the CJ4.

1 Like

Would you mind trying it without Navigraph? I’m willing to bet you’ll see the same thing I did. Just temporarily copy the Navigraph folder out, then re-launch the sim.

I’ll check myself tonight, but I seem to remember on the map screen it was also only showing a single frequency. I thought it odd given the airports size. On the Comms page it should show you all the frequencies in use.

Sorry, I have to get up early in the morning and it’s past midnight here already. Just wanted to do a simple test and call it quits but this could extend for another half an hour before I get to bed.

1 Like

No worries! I’ll try it when I get home in a few hours, and post my results here. I feel a Zendesk ticket coming on. :wink:

thanks for the reply. That is extremely strange. But I am glad it works for you !

The SDK has been completely ruined. I can see how the intentions to improve it are really good, but how it has been implemented is really bad. Once a package had been changed / re-built on a sim object for example, it will not show up in the hanger. You have to completely shut down the sim and re-start it. As well as other issues.

Fixing the new SDK should be a priority.

1 Like

you hit the nail on the head buddy, i feel like a complete NOOB. yes it was in fact my Nvidia driver setting for Aniostropic Filtering had been turned to OFF for some reason… ive now switched it to “let the app…” and it fixed my issues. i had previously checked my driver settings and didnt catch it… so yeah its my bad. i missed it and tried everything else instead. thanks to everyones help and feedback. your great!

3 Likes

yesterday I had no problem, today I did a test from Nice LFMN, big lag permanent and Fps between 23 to 29. many micro freeze. I do not know how to explain it, is it from MFS or Nvidia update, or maybe from CRJ. Just to say that I never had this problem in FullHD, just in UHD or 4k. My computer is an I9 9900K, RTX 2080, 32 go, SSD NVE.
ULTRA setting in FULL HD. Here is the example.
PS: the guy who drew the taxiways, was he drunk? :joy: :joy: :joy: :stuck_out_tongue:

Download stopped after 6 selfhours at 10 percent with 150mbits line that is not possible. it’s frustrating.

when you have those freezes, try to switch to another server, or simply disable multiplayer. That should solve it. It’s a bad workaround, but at least you can use the sim

1 Like