Discussion + Poll: World Update IV (1.15.7.0)

Deathlines, pressure, tight schedules, all for the breadlords and there money machines, i guess. Although Asobo will do what they can in these timeframes given to them.

I added all the ones i use regularly and deleted the rest. If i need/want them again i can always download them again

I’m guessing they’ve got more important things to worry about. Like are there going to be any passengers to fly about any time soon.

What’s disturbing is that they knowingly release updates issues like this. As long as it doesn’t affect their prmary partners’ ability to make money (marketplace wares), they’re cool with it and perfectly fine with waiting till the next major update to fix it.

I can guarantee if the udpate broke the CRJ, we’d be seeing a hotfix rolled out today.

2 Likes

The gabled houses everywhere are really an eyesore.
There’s a thread in the bugs > scenery that adresses it.

1 Like

I agree, coz i would involve suits

Well, it looks that I finally found a way to post a question in the forum about the WU IV. As I am living in the Netherlands. I am naturally interested in the airport Rotterdam and the POI. However they are apparently not installed in my FS2020. I cannot find them. I am I doing something wrong or is it a downloadbug? Any Idea sombody?

Since the last update (World Update 4) I can’t look around using mouse+right click. It works, when I zoom out (using ctrl+space), but not when I zoom in (using ctrl+number).

Anyone having this issue?

I do not quite understand your argumentation. I just updated some work in progress, exported from Blender into SDK 0.12.0, placed, compiled and everything was as expected. Content Manager says “not installed” but SDK recognizes the scenery with the correct version number and installation status.

thumbnail

I saw reports of this elsewhere yesterday night here in the forums (sadly can’t find the link right now), but pesonally I had no issues. Both internal and external views worked as they used to (holding right click+mouse or middle click for a perisistent camera view). But clearly something must be off if several users have reported it.

You might want to check this though in case some setting went rogue: Cannot use the right mouse button in the cockpit view, outside view works

edit: ah I probably saw this last night I can't look around in the cockpit anymore using the hat keys or the mouse

As usual for me I had no issues installing the patch. Sure it would be nice if the main patching process actually used all of my 1GB internet but it was fast enough.

The menus were a bit slow/choppy when updating all the packages and grabbing the new free stuff from the market.

Restarted the game after that to make sure everything was up to date and took a quick flight around San Jose in the 152 just to check basic performance and it was about what I expect from my system, and didn’t notice any issues with basic flying.

Haven’t had a chance to checkout the new content.

How about older scenery that you have created before, can you see those models in the SDK?

How about an argument like this. Say for example you were working on a project with 100’s of models, and you had been working on it for 6 months. and now suddenly they no longer show up as objects. ?

1 Like

Went back to the content mgr. To my surprise a had 6 more downloads available including Rotterdam airport. POI NL sofar not detected. Downloads later available? I have FS2020 running in the background.
I wait and see

1 Like

since the update I cant fly anymore
every time I press fly CTD, anyone have this issue? i reinstalled the game once and still CTDs

There are multiple scenery glitches in the UK after this update, strange artifacts are showing up all over the place.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. In the meanwhile I checked the content mgr. again. FS2020 was running in the background. To my surprise I noticited 6 more downloads , the once which should have been downloaded, I think, with the update. So yes, my airport Rotterdam is there :smiley: The POI of the Netherlands are not yet
to be seen in the content mgr. May be they come later available for download.

1 Like

Hi, no problem with older projects, they all are loaded with buildings, objects, rectangles, polygons, a.s.o

Maybe it plays a role, that my projects are NOT within the SDK installation tree, but are completely separate - one directory plus sub-directories per project on a different drive. I remember, I had this issue with objects not being listed before, may be with SDK 0.10.0 - I’m not sure - and that that was the reason to re-think about better data management and how to keep things separate. But I had to re-place all objects in the one project, where it occurred. Sorry that I can’t help better.

Just tested on my london flight plan old version vs new msfs update (1.15.7.0) both with oculus v24. Rift s tested on 2080ti and 9700k.

I am having the ESC problem listing throttle and mixture which I hope they fix soon.

1 Like

I still think they have faffed something up to do with duplicated naming which they say they have fixed, something to do with buffer. In fixing this problem and the non rendering of taxiway paths for alot of people, they have managed to break scenery

1 Like