Discussion + Poll: World Update IV (1.15.7.0)

Thanks for your friendly help! It´s really like this? I have to try it this evening. Will have several rounds above Paris City in hope it well get better! :slight_smile:

Autothrottle is broken in default A320 after update (engine power change is extremely slow), hitting ESC causes the plane settings to go wild (throttle, flaps). Not good!

1 Like

What an update lost 10-20fps.Great now looking for a GPU replacement if I have any luck finding one.

LOL its the sim its probably not you, but if you buy a new card can I have your old one! bwhahahah :smile:

Check the in-sim fps counter first and see if you’re actually GPU or main thread limited. If it’s main thread, doesn’t matter if you travelled to the future to get an RTX6090Ti. You wouldn’t squeak out a single frame more than you currently are.

2 Likes

No, actually not. I’m hardly ever disappointed. Seems quite an unhappy state of mind to me. I rather enjoy what I have than whine about what I have not. In this way every day’s a joyous experience. It’s true! All the best :grinning:

VR performance still needs a lot of work. Playing on a 3090 kingpin with amd 3960x (SMT off all cores @4.5ghz) and fps is in the 20s on medium.

Can I just explain why I think they have made it a bit easy for themselves with the Netherlands. In the same way I would be dissapointed if when updating Egypt they left out the Pyramids, I find it dissapointing they left out something that should have been easy for them. At certain times of the year, there are massive patches of colour in the North of the Netherlands. (see picture). Thats should have been easy. April, May.
Neither do I see the typical Dutch windmills.
The general ‘feel’ of the Netherl;ands is certainly accurate and appreciated but they could have pushed a bit harder I think on some things.
I am being picky but this simulator has been doing very well with the scenery thus far.
So holland could have been better. It would have made VFR flying over Holland at this time of the year amazing.
dutch bulb fields

2 Likes

No, but Iam sorry to hear that. I hope you will be able to find a solution…

Yeah … same with the tower between 36L and 36C …

Sure they missed the correct model completely in the “handcrafted” release version … but not corrected in a World update is weird.

Luckily there is a freeware version on flights.to … but still.

Amsterdam photogrammetry looks horrible also :frowning: . Not sure why the Bother to add this nuclear meltdown after the London drama / comments. Clearly Asobo is not listening to the complaints.

Msfs: Sponsored by greenpeace.

just a few quick comments:
download and update went smoothly…no problems. I never have had problems with the update scheme. Its just a bit odd to have to do multiple updates for each ‘update’ (i.e; store update then in game update then free content updates).
I haven’t had a lot of time to check things out but I flew the flight I’ve gotten used to doing so I could check out performance and it seems to me to be a bit worse so I’ve given up fighting for what I used to have and decided to drop my render scaling down a bit from 150 to 120 and that allowed me to turn LOD sliders back up so Ill take the compromise.
all in all Im happy enough.
P.S: the question “Did you remove your mods from the community folder?” assumes one has mods to begin with… so I answered “No”

My saitek radios panels work with everything adjustable in single digit increments. My propwash simulation transponder is fine.
But my Saitek multi panel has no display now. Was working before the latest download.

Just another case of them fixing one thing and breaking 4 others in the process. Nothing new here.

5 Likes

Strange i see these windmills at the correct places.![windmill2|690x194]![windmill|690x462]

This one is the “bijenkorf” in Gemert NB

2 Likes

Feedback about this update
Strangely this time, I was not told to update first through the Store, so MSFS started with a 17 Gb update of 1.14.6.0, I did not understand why. Anyway, did it, and cleaned BTW the Community folder at that time
I went then in the Windows Store and requested the updates, it showed for MSFS and performed the store update at that time
Then I restarted MSFS and this time, I was invited to start the 1.15.7.0 update for about 16 Gb
Everything Ok with the update procedure, fast and flawless
Sim then started, I stopped it and restarted it to be safe
I did WU4 in the MarketPlace, and everything was fine too.
I noticed the previous bug seen in WU3 with packages updates (see Content Manager Freezes) was fixed, no more content manager freeze :slight_smile:

I flew several places like over Paris, Lyon, and these areas, performances are great!
Paris gets better FPS than London.
Paris area is great and very realistic with PG on

Something that could be improved is the loading time and rendering of PG when flying
Note I am on High settings, I don’t know if something can be done to improve further the overall PG in dense city areas, but correct anyway above 1000ft
I use a 16Gb rolling cache, to help a bit with that

1 Like

Yes, at least two of us have posted about this further up this thread. No-one seems to have found a workaround, other than use the middle mouse button to switch to/from the locked pan mode, or remap the action for example to the hat switch on a joystick.

It’s so annoying that stupid bugs like this creep in. There’s no chance of Asobo putting it right, either, as there are so many bugs to fix now most of them will never get done.

1 Like

Well, I stand corrected. I will make another circuit over ‘Kinderdijk’ and have another look.
Plenty of those modern windmills but somehow I missed the traditional Dutch windmills.
but if you have seen them, then they must be there.
Have you found the bulb fields by any chance?

I’ve only noticed this in one place - Fiji. Long pauses of up to two minutes at a time. Haven’t seen it anywhere else though. Must retry after this update to see if it still occurs.

1 Like

Hi Guys, I’m a little confused about what I’m reading about the update process. I simply:

1. fired up the sim and was advised there was an update
  2. let the sim update the bootstrap process (roughly just over a gig) then play the sim
  3. started the download process (23gig)
  4. Cleared my cache
  5. from the Market Place, I downloaded the World 4 update
  6. from the Market Place, I updated any modules that required the update.
  7. exited the sim and removed any suspect items from the Community folder, e.g., the Working Title G1000 is broken.
  8. Relaunched the sim and tested.

I didn’t have any 16gig updates that many are talking about.

Anyway, the sim has been working perfectly for me. I flew over Paris and had no performance issues and the scenery looked fine.

Admittedly, I’m coming from a good place, i.e., I9 10900k, 64gig RAM, 3090, M.2 drive, in 4K, all settings at ULTRA. So you would expect reasonable results.

Haven’t tested VR yet but I’ve found my 4K config more demanding on the system than flying in VR on the G2.

1 Like