Discussion + Poll: World Update VI (1.19.8.0)

Hi, all
It’s now 1530hrs in Eastern Australia…
At MSFS startup, window shows update available…go to Store…update this, and no sign of MSFS.
After several attempts, still can’t get latest update, but ALSO, I don’t have access to MSFS at all…can’t get past the initial ‘update’ screen.
Have tried all the above tips…still no go, and I started this upgrade process several hours ago.
My system has been mostly stable for months now, so a bit disappointing at this stage.
Dunno what to do next…pray??

In my case in Vienna, I’m seeing those redlights that disappear when getting near.
Is this something that happened before? I did not have the opportunity to find out

Video: https://youtu.be/HanS_qyXO88

Yes, I first noticed the disappearing red lights after SU5. I never noticed it before SU5.

Need update but no update in Store … MSFS don’t work. 07:40 Orleans France

Nonsense. It’s not up to me. It’s just a fact that your monitor can’t display higher than its native resolution. So scaling higher than your monitors native resolution is doing absolutely nothing other than giving you lower framerates. That’s just how it works but suit yourself if you want to keep pretending your monitor can display textures higher than Its native resolution.

If your monitor’s native resolution is 1920x1080 and you use a 3840x2160 wallpaper, the resulting wallpaper is displayed at 1920x1080. There is no difference using a 1920x1080 wallpaper or 3840x2160 wallpaper on a 1920x1080 monitor. Resulting display will always be 1920x1080.

BTW I don’t expect you to understand what I said given your response.

1 Like

I hope it’s not health related for the postponement of the Live Q&A for Wednesday. I wonder why they couldn’t proceed with 2 of the 3 members…

Agree. Never had a problem with OC and the SIM or with any games or video editors like davinvci Resolve. It is just matter of doing properly. With OCing the cpu I‘m getting a more stable frame rate and less stutters.

1 Like

Tried that, just says PLAY in the store, click on that, you need a mandatory update, go to the store… and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat…

1 Like

I’m not going to tell you I fully understand how it works, but I can tell you that it does. For example, I usually run MSFS in VR, at 100% render scaling. It looks good, but the very nature of VR means compared to a flat panel display, it looks a bit fuzzy, out of focus even, despite the fact that my VR headset has more pixels than my monitor does. However, if I crank that render scale up to 150%, then it looks almost as sharp as my monitor.

There is a reason I do not do that, however, and that is because if I did, frames per second becomes seconds per frame. Same concept applies to cranking up that option on the monitor itself. It will make the image appear better, sharper, maybe even of a higher resolution. At the cost of performance.

But.

It does work.

Kev

2 Likes

Although you own the Premium Edition, look for the Base Edition in Store, that’s the one that updates.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about the worker but I’m new to this forum thing anyone think the F15 or F14 tomcat by DC designs will be featured on Thursday for xbox? Really wanting these planes any thoughts?

I had the same. That happens, when you did the World Update 6 and jumped right into a flight without restarting the sim. Just end the Sim and start it up again you will be surprised at how much more is there, not just the trees. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are wrong, at least in the super sampling part in games, it makes a difference in visual quality. This is for a different engine, but the principle is the same, check at the bottom of the page: Temporal Antialiasing and Supersampling - Lumberyard User Guide

" Controlling Supersampling

In addition to antialiasing, Lumberyard supports supersampling for very high quality rendering. Supersampling renders the scene at a higher resolution and downscales the image to obtain smooth and stable edges. Due to the high internal rendering resolution, supersampling is performance heavy and only suitable for games intended to be played on high-end computers."

2 Likes

Agreed 100 percent

It’s been explained to you how render scaling at >100 works with multiple posters about what it is and why it’s done. If you don’t want to believe super sampling is what is being done, that’s on you, but don’t don’t tell others that you don’t expect them to understand, or that they are just seeing things.

Yes the end result is you get an image that fits at your monitor resolution, but rendering a scene at a higher resolution and downscaling creates an antialiasing effect. This is what other posters have said as well.

Like I said before it’s a subtle effect, not everyone can see it, but there are others who can and it does make a difference for them.

1 Like

The fact is that now it works very poorly in MFS … And most likely this added to the list of bugs that will never be fixed and our eyes will leak

stutgart rofl

2 Likes

Same for me. Update ends in a loop. It’s a horror.

It’s just a speed bump :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah funny I noticed this too (RTX 3090), but I was gone for sometime and it’s hot here.