Discussion + Poll: World Update VI (1.19.8.0)

1 Like

downloaded everything i can

NIGHT LIGHTING IS BETTER! More realistic, but a new bug with weird reflections in the sky at night.

But at least the scale of night lighting looks better to me

Still have pop-in, even on ultra pre-cache setting, but not as bad as default SU5. I guess I was just expecting these terrible triangles/photogrammetry to be improved upon in the sim per the patch note (paraphrasing here) “distance increased for photogrammetry cities”. Departing JFK, half the city still looks un-rendered/yucky with PG set to ON.

The screenshot is in HDR, apologies - note that the payware NYC skyline shows on left, but Asobo NYC PG on right looks awful, all on ULTRA.

Doesn’t matter. Bug fixes first :grinning:

The bug list just grows and grows but with prettier graphics.

2 Likes

Update: I’m at FL340 cruising altitude I can confirm the altitude issue has been fixed!

1 Like

every time the preset ‘‘clear sky’’ is used there is 0 wind

basically, every bush-trip

1,000,000% agree. However, asobo seems to not agree. Guess we can hopefully get some answers during tomorrow’s Q&A.

looks like you have a google mod loaded

The only way I am able to successfully start up the TBM without a CTD is by removing the Navigraph in-game charts through the Navigraph windows app installer.

I was able to re-install Navigraph after a game and system reboot. Now the TBM turns on. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

what do you mean by this?

thank you :slight_smile:

There will be a stream with Q&A?

Do you have the strange reflection outside the plane ( i have it also)

Community mod for the city inside?!?

Thanks 
 :+1:

I can confirm that manually setting the quality to 3 in the config file for VR does indeed work. Increased VRAM usage and no more scenery re-loading when panning head

4 Likes

Something tells me all they really need to do is keep MS happy by shipping more and more features and deal with the fallout later. (Typical MO for Microsoft) :rofl:

1 Like

Great news (even if it requires is to manually edit a file to get the menu setting the missed, how does that happen?!)
did it impact your FPS and smoothness much or just use more of the available RAM that wasn’t being used before this slider was created?

There’s no way it could escape QA, so we have to assume there wasn’t any. Despite taking two extra weeks to “ensure an extremely high level of quality”.

1 Like