Discussion + Poll: World Update VI (1.19.8.0)

you may have tried already.
i always have to restart computer before updates show in the Store

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Yes, restarted, but will try again now.

:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: maybe yes :wink:

It doesnā€™t say ā€˜updateā€™ but rather you have to press the ā€˜installā€™ button of msfs in the microsoft store, in order to update. That is provided if you ran the Xbox App first. Then after basic 2g update install, you then have to manually do the WU6 (around 5 gig ) from MSFS home menu.
MSFS 2020 / WORLD UPDATE 6 / MISSING SIMULATOR REPAIRED - HD - YouTube

Have you installed the Xbox App?

Now whatĀ“s wrong with this Company!? Bringing new content and messing up with old content! I could exactly do one Flight. Now it says I have no Internetconnection and quits the Online Service, No Marketplace for updates its greyed out AND I can only start the sim via X-Box. Please donĀ“t bring all these updates to world or whatever every few Months before the Core is not stable.

UPDATE: finally recognized there was an update! Going to be late to work, but will be able to fly tonight. Thank you (and others) for replying. -Brian

1 Like

Whatever I do, it crashes every time it reaches the end of downloading the mandatory update, and then I have to repair the app in windows store, go and start - and fail - again. Yes my community folder is empty, yes I have the xbox app, I tried deleting the last update file from the install folder in case this was corrupted, this didnā€™t work. I then tried deleting all the update files since the update, this pushed my update size to 12GB, it got all the way through and then bang, CTD at the end, app needs repairing again. Iā€™m at a loss.

What about the photogrammetry in GermanyĀ“s second biggest City, Hamburg? I canĀ“t see that

Yes, I did walk down that path as well. Finally recognized an update was available. Thank you for replying. Have a good flight today. -Brian

1 Like

Thank you for the extra breadcrumb to click ā€œInstallā€ for it to update (personal fault: taking things to literally). I will remember this for update 7. It did finally recognize the need to be updated. Downloaded and I watching the MSFS Installation Manager work now. Thank you also for the video link, I will watch that as well. Thank you for replying; hope your day is great. (grateful for the quick responses from this community)

2 Likes

This worked for me as well ā€¦thx Bears

And you wonā€™t, Hamburg is not a " photogrammetry" city.

Random CTD are not fixed in VR. Crashboombang after 15 minutes somewhere nowhere over the sahara.

We need stability fixes above all and before the next pretty picture tweaks.

I would like to report that there is still a problem with the Bush Trips included in the WU6. After you complete the first leg of the trips, the POI indications in the FD panels and the VFR Map desappear.

Yes, those are ongoing, as people report them and Asobo can investigate. The next update is again Sim Update, which should include again more fixes for the existing bugs in the game.

1 Like

hi,

the xbox app was updated automatically. But till now not possible to update the ms 2020 in the store ā€¦ OMG ā€¦ I donĀ“t understand what these amateurs are doing !!!

Greets ā€¦

:100: :100: :100:

I completely agree, though saying so out loud does tend to not go over very well at all. I like that you used the word ā€œmostā€, because while it is a very small percentage, there are some that appear to be doing everything right and still have those issues for inexplicable reasons. Those are the tough cases to figure out, and the ones I feel so very bad for.

Kev

4 Likes

I get these weird artifacts everywhere, this is at LOWI, same at LDRI:

Havenā€™t reset rolling cache yet, will try that next.

yes noticed that, what a shame