Discussion + Poll: World Update VI (1.19.8.0)

Hi,

my gaming services is from 04.09.2021. No updates availabale ?! Which version is needed? mine is:

grafik

xbox app is up to date … but still not possible to update the ms 2020 in the store … hrgggghhhh … I never had issues before with the installation process …

greets

Ms store appears to have issues affecting not only mfs.

Beside several bugs which will be fixed soon, the major problem for me is another:

Most of the aerial images were taken at the wrong time - during the hottest summer we ever had last year. So many areas which used to be nice green are now covered with dry brown fields (like Eifel). It looked much better before the update. :roll_eyes:

Please update the Update with normal green fields soon. Thats not Germany looks like!

1 Like

They promised us a strip, with a high-quality drawing range, in return they gave us a cache, and the ground looks like pixel ■■■■, it still looks worse than X plane

I think I will be seeking a refund. The scenery is beautiful but the sim stability is terrible. Customer support is hit and miss between script followers and intelligent response.

Sigh…

2 Likes

Hopefully someone at Asobo has enough to pull to retask the satellites to redo those parts of the world. :wink:

1 Like

Checked around LOWI again, no anomaly spotted.

I have an AMD 5800x/6700xt with 32GB. So far I think this has been a solid update.

-Smooth performance at big airports and in general
-Scenery popin’s are gone
-Bonus → VRAM usage increases with higher level of detail and draw distance

For test I took off to the north from YBCG. I did 3 tests and witnessed the VRAM after about 2 minutes after takeoff:
Terrain LOD (2), Objects LOD (2) - VRAM ~7GB
Terrain LOD (4), Objects LOD (5.5) - VRAM ~7.7GB
Terrain LOD (6.5), Objects LOD (5.5) - VRAM ~8.5GB

VRAM increased each time, photogrammetry seemed to improve and the draw distance went further out. That’s pretty much what you want to see happen. On the third test trees were drawn really far out.

We still have the blinding white light at times. I hope the bloom setting can be made into a slider 0-100%. Then that effect can be turned down. :+1:

Greazer.

This Update at least for Hamburg is a Joke!! Just compare one of the big Malls.

and then this

With each Update no matter what there are new Problems. Get real Beta Testers or just quit what you are doeing, this is just a mess

I did none of that, and the entire update process went smooth as always (since day 1 of FS 2020).

Yep. That is also the truth :wink:

And yes, I do have airport scenery related addons in the Community folders, and I do also have paid 3rd party scenery and aircraft.

For the record: I am talking about the „Steam“ version. I understand that the MS Store variant can be a bit… hmmm… „stubborn““.

2 Likes

Do you think beta testers would have made a non-photogrammetry city into a photogrammetry one?

Putting it another way, was Hamburg a photogrammetry city before WU6? If not, and I know it wasn’t, then what have you lost exactly? Plus the image you linked I think is from Google, not Bing.

1 Like

I had no issues in updating/downloading WU6 - both the app and all content manager stuff installed perfectly OK no problems.

However, I am sad to find that upon loading into EGLL gate 511, the main issue I had in SU5 - namely that the jetways weren’t appearing - is not fixed. :sob:

I did have a fix in place before, utilising some hack in the Developer Mode which seemed to fix it, but reverted that prior to this upgrade in case it caused any issues. Looks like I’ll have to re-enable the hack! :frowning_face: :man_facepalming:

if you would have read everything I am also referring to the internet connection issue. I am online, I have a stable 250 MBit Cable connection I had never any issues until WU6 where it says you have no internet, and no, that also refers to X-Box App.

Is Hamburg one of the photogrammetry cities? Was it better before the update?

I was specifically responding to what you wrote:

You are comparing another companies imagery with a city that isn’t even a PG one. If you don’t have PG, then you have autogen, which is what your second image shows.

I managed to get the update from MS store, but I can’t get the photogrammetry working on Vienna.

You haven’t downloaded the actual world update 6 in the main MSFS home menu. (around 5gig). I had the same problem before manually installing the WU6.

1 Like

Oh well, since you asked for it, here is the difference.

Cropped and all pixels quadrupled (no tricks, no compression)

Top rendered at 1080p on a 1080p monitor (render scale 100)
Bottom rendered at 4K on a 1080p monitor (render scale 200)
Both with TAA.

If AA worked perfectly both images would be the same since the output resolution is the same. What it shows is the lack of precision in TAA creating a soft out of focus effect at render scale 100, making it harder to read the instruments.

Here’s the original scale version in case imgur doesn’t work
100 vs 200 original scale

3 Likes

As told before there is no Autogen cause of the message that I don´t have a internet connection. I tried logging out and logging back in. I started directly from scratch, I stated via X-Box App on the PC. Nothing, no internet, no Marketplace, no update (just in case there was another one) And yes Hamburg is no Photogrammetry City. But before the Update at least it looked like a city. Now I have yellow, red and other colored Cartoon Houses

1 Like

I had to double check in case I make a fool of myself, and no, it wasn’t. Unless Asobo have got in to the habit of removing PG. Yes, it’s true I think there was the case with Southhampton/Portsmouth the one time. :wink:

From the release notes, Hamburg gets a coupe of handcrafted POI’s but that’s it:

Hand-Crafted Points of Interest

• Elbphilarmonie (Hamburg)
  • Volksparkstadion (Hamburg)