Discussion + Poll: World Update VI (1.19.8.0)

True, but look here. I really don´t know what I can do. Nothing worked.

And more bugs for the existing game

That’s a separate issue, and not one you can blame on the update specifically. There are a few things you can try here. One is to shut the sim down, fire up the XBox Companion App, and log out of the XBox network. Then log back in again.

There is also a procedure for updating Gaming Services, though I’m not 100% certain this is applicable in this instance.

Hamburg was definitely a photogrammetry city before.

1 Like

This exact process worked for me too!! This clearly does work and wasn’t a coincidence

Update was fine. Had Deluxe Premium but download speed was good.
Cleared cache and flew the Icon5 on the Rhine this morning.
Everything went well.

I´ll give it a try, otherwise no JU 52 :frowning: But on the other Hand I decided not to buy anymore from the Marketplace. Asobo has an update for a scenery that did not work after the last update from the Developer since the 21 of July and they did not uploadet it yet

So they removed the PG data for it?

I checked with the Windows Bing app, and it doesn’t seem to be the case. Other than the odd tower block, the majority of the city is flat.

But I don’t want to download and install WU6 :sweat_smile:. I haven’t downloaded any world update to date. If I need to download and install every update my drive would quickly flow over… Also, Rijeka (Croatia) isn’t part of the update I believe? I have the same spikes there…

Hamburg was PG though lol

There is no space problem, I got my own M2 for FS with 2 TB

1 Like

What are you talking about. Hamburg was always PG from the very beginning, which is also the reason why its NOT included in the official list of cities that were made PG in WU6…

1 Like

Zero CTDs before SU5, nothing overclocked, plenty of RAM/CPU/GPU resources available

All kinds of CTDs after SU5, occurring in different situations, mostly in the world map and after ending a flight while returning to the main menu (and very rarely mid-flight, I remember only one mid-flight CTD)

So my “user error” must have been updating then, don’t you agree?

Haven’t really used 1.19.8.0, so I still have to see how thing develop

After installing the main 2.5 GB update, did you go to the Marketplace and download the additional 5 GB of content for Germany/Austria/Switzerland? Until you do that, you do not actually have all of WU6 installed.

1 Like

Thinking about it, how could this be related to not downloading the update? The only thing which is downloaded onto the hard drive are the airports and PIOs, shouldn’t have anything to do with the terrain artifacts / spikes?

Yes, it’s all installed. Does it look different for you?

As requested in the first question, I had a CTD while updating in the Content Manager. During one of those long periods when the app seems frozen, probably expanding or instantiating the just downloaded package, The app never came back and indeed did CTD after a few minutes, perhaps 5 (I wasn’t counting). On the second attempt it did manage to finish the update process.

I note that the download never saturates my download bandwidth (260 Mbps). It varied between 10 and 100 Mbps.

I own the Steam version

This game gives me much more problems than all the others I have installed in my computer together. At least one thing clear for the future… NO MS STORE things anymore. Impossible to update, and impossible to play the game because it is a mandatory update.

M$ want to be “different”, and makes a complete fiasco. Next time only Steam (at least the updates always respond and don’t make me waste my time).

1 Like

And what do you think is this? Right from the sim. Before you could see on the ground Image the whole Airport now just a green gras something

There is a difference in screen quality.
The reason is when you increase your rendering scale it will allocate more memory use on your GPU on a PC.

But watch out GPU will run at 90-100%
So it will run hot and your FPS will lower. So not sure if it is worth the trouble?