Discussion + Poll: World Update VI (1.19.8.0)

Imagine my surprise at learning that another Asobo Update, and this was one was a World Update and a Sim Fix, has again been a disastrous fail for many users. You update gaming services in the Microsoft store, then go your chosen edition of MSFS and discover eventually that you have to go the base edition of MSFS and the install will happen. Launch game, and it does another install.
Then you finally arrive at the main menu which does nothing to tell you, you have to update from the content manager and download yet another update you get from the Market Place, the whole thing is a joke.

1 Like

That looks strange, hereā€™s mine with 100% 1080p on a 1080p monitor

and this is 200%

Extremely small difference to my eyes.

2 Likes

Frustrated with the update process (having to download the Xbox App), but the content is excellent in this update, especially the Switzerland mesh. Also the terrain caching seems a nice compromise for different hardware levels.

Well done Asobo, keep it up!

1 Like

I never flew in this particular area prior to WU6, so have nothing to compare it to. I only asked because the bulk of the new WU mesh and terrain textures are in the 5GB marketplace update, and since that does not automatically install, some users do not realize that it is necessary to go to the Marketplace after the main sim update completes.

I will try to find the mountain in your screenshot to see how it looks on my system.

1 Like

Out of interest, have you adjusted a lot of settings in the Nvidia (or Radeon) control panel? After the last update to the newest driver (did a clean install) I left everything at factory settings.

super nice Photogrammetry at Bielefeld. Complete Speechless of the Quality.

and now the JU 52 will be delayed for several weeks. Great work Folks

Ah no I hadnā€™t. There was an update in Content Manager which I installed but forgot about the Market Place. Crazy having to update from 3 different areas. MS Store, MarketPlace and Content Manager. That seems to have cured the spikes. It seems to mean that you have to install the WUs regardless of whether you want them or not.

1 Like

That is not photogrammetry, thatā€™s auto generated scenery.

Iā€™ll leave this here as a reminder to fly over Bielefeld tonight, and post some pictures. My guess is you are having some local issues, and assuming the sim is at fault.

I know but its the only thing I get and yes I am online and Bing is turned on

Hahaha! Sorry @Diebony, Iā€™m a little sleep deprived and just came out of a quite demanding class (Iā€™m the teacher). My sarcasm detector was on strike when I read your post. My bad :blush:

1 Like

Looks quite ok to me:

Maybe you have a collision with the rolling cache if you have flown there before?

1 Like

I would also be worth checking that all online data features are enabled. Some users have reported that some of these have got turned off after previous updates, though I have never seen this myself.

Jummivana, please explain why I require the XBox app on my PC, something I do not require or is the requirement that we install this infact a bug? Please lets have some explanations as people are tearing their hair out trying to get this stuff from the Store until they realize through ā€˜word of mouthā€™ as it were, that MS is obliging us PC users to install the XBox app. Why? Please explain.

1 Like

She canā€™t possibly explain this. She is a Community Manager. She is not the designer or developer. This decision (or bug) obviously doesnā€™t come from the CMs. The best she could do is forward this to the development team, but with as prevalent of an issue as this is, donā€™t you think she is already aware of this? :wink:

2 Likes

I have an issue regarding looking around in the cockpit when at ground, itā€™s stutter like hell. Donā€™t happen when airborne, specially when at the gate. Tested with the default a320neo and fbw, same results.
Anyone else experience this ??? Didnā€™t have this issue before the update.

I have set the new background cache to ultra, tried high and medium with same result. I also have rolling cache.

she can ask the question better than I can.

Itā€™s top of the known issues list (showing as a workaround) which implies itā€™s a bug of some variety:

In the link there, you can also find this:

There seems a tremendous amount of angst over this xbox app thing - I really struggle to understand why. Itā€™s MSā€™s equivalent to Steam at the end of the day.

3 Likes

Itā€™s not a bug, not for the sim anyway. It is a requirement by MS Store. Asobo has no say in what the Store needs to provide the updates, Microsoft domain.

2 Likes

No, itā€™s all default and I donā€™t have any reshade not even geforce experience installed.

Iā€™m using a 6GB GTX 1060 with these settings

Another example, spawned into London City, default view, taken 2 seconds after each other

There is also a lot more detail in the nearby grass at render scale 200. (The difference in multiplayer tags is just them appearing and disappearing randomly)

Whatever TAA does, itā€™s very aggressive an reduces detail. Maybe having sharpen (fake detail) turned off makes it worse. As in, maybe sharpen combats the loss of detail TAA brings.