Discussion + Poll: World Update VIII: Iberia (1.24.5.0)

Yes…it was the junkers update crashing the game…I’ve left that one out for now hopefully we will get an update soon. Thank you for that

1 Like

I’ll get it for you: they likely had new DEM/data which also covered the Azores but they didn’t have some for the other islands.

That data is collected from different sources and merged with Bing data… so if there is something not ready it won’t be included and if something that small like the Azores it ready it will be included :slight_smile:

Can’t remember the developer, but there was already also a payware version for LESU

Oh yes, Simultech. So its 3 airports out of 4 that were already released before by 3rd party developers.

For those who didn’t get the area they were hoping to see in this update.

azores are in (handcrafted airport)

The approaches for LVFR’s LEBL seem to be messed up now. You only get to chose ILS, RNAV, etc. but no runway numbers. Also only SIDs for RWY 02. Can anyone confirm?

Edit: Nevermind. They seem to have changed the runway designations from 07/25 to 06/24 with the new AIRAC cycle.

Madrid has very important flaws, for example the Puerta de Alcalá, an emblematic monument in downtown, is not a building but an arch with five doors.
Another example: The four towers in the north area are physically different.
But the bad thing is that before this update all these buildings and monuments, including unique buildings in the downtown area, were much closer to reality.
Imagine, for example, that in Paris they put a very tall building in place of the Eiffel Tower or another more or less square residential building instead of the Arc de Triomphe. Well, that is what they have done with Madrid. I’m sorry to say it because as a person born in Madrid I was waiting for the update eagerly. Please find a solution as soon as possible. Here you have an image of the Puerta de Alcalá as it really is and other with the update, sorry I can´t get a closer view but if you make double click you can view that horrible building:
Puerta de Alcalá - Madrid

3 Likes

Missing houses in Lisbon anyone?

1 Like

Very good update. Pitty that they didn’t fix the VFR and NAV problem. One small thing I found at the Portugal Journey Bush trip.

1 Like

Where is it exactly? When you want people to have a look and double check for you, it is always good practice to find the same spot using google map, right click around it, then click on the Latitude/Longitude it gives to have it copied into memory. Afterward, all you have to do is paste it here in your message :wink:

Best way for everyone to quickly test it for you, otherwise people won’t bother spending time finding the exact same spot by themselves, and rightfully so. :relieved:

What about LEGE Girona. Have you done anything at the airport?

Only the airport. Fly East to the town and you will see pine tree islands. Is still Blackshark AI scenery.

just watched the trailer and there the canary islands are included/shown, this is confusing, someone should show a map of iberia to Asobo

South from the airport up to the sea.
38.73310560191608, -9.139546812431211

1 Like

Downloaded with no issues so far, there were also updates to the other WU and the Junkers

after 4 hours of non-stop effort, still, downloaded 150mb …
endless looping af …
Not to mention that it is downloading a bunch of things I had previously deleted through the content manager like LSZA airport …

Blackshark AI still. In Lloret de Mar you could jump off the tallest building and live to tell the tale. Tallest bulding looks like a Lidl supermarket :weary:

Countryside mountains and non-buildings scenery mesh very good in all areas now though. Is just the funky way Blackshark drops a warehouse in places there should be a 20-story tower apartment or hotel.

There a lot of 2d buildings in lisbon especially near the international airport

2 Likes

People do complain about the smallest, inane things with these updates. I’ve complained myself about the game breaking stuff (CTDs, black avionics screens etc) so I’m not adverse to moaning about things in the sim.

But, Asobo/Microsoft don’t have to do these updates, they have no legal obligation to. They do it because they want to. And they seem to do a pretty bloody good job. And people whinge about a slightly wonky hill/mountain/building etc. I think what should be foremost in the mind with these updates is that they cost us nothing. And, they’re optional. They do not have to be downloaded.

My two cents.

14 Likes