Discussion: September 24th, 2020 Development Update

LOL not that I noticed, although I’m sure someone will claim in a minute that there was, citing their own travels to Japan as evidence of this.

1 Like

Users who want everything totally realistic and want every detail and notch to function like in reality, but also the more casual users who just like to get more content to discover or who want the world to improve continuously. Interests differ, that’s why we see so much difference between people who are happy and those who don’t.

You’ll also have to take into account that these teams are split up and that improving the sim will take time, so improving Japan won’t hurt the schedules of those parts of the team improving the actual sim.

4 Likes

Well no, I wasn’t waiting for Japan specifically, but I AM waiting for the world to evolve to a higher level one bit at a time. It was a promise to us and they are living up to it. That has to be appreciated.

Also I see it as a great opportunity to go and actually discover Japan as most of the time I’m having a hard time to decide which part of the world to explore.

2 Likes

So other incoming region updates will be paid?

1 Like

No, world updates will be free. But they may provide paid DLC like a pack of helicopters that goes with a sim update which includes helicopter support.

2 Likes

Well it hasn’t taken long for this thread to start to fill up with the"why didn’t they fix MY bug" brigade. The negativity does get disheartening at times.

Anyway I’m not going to let these people get me down. I’m looking forward to the next patch and the Japan release. I’m really enjoying the sim and I’m really appreciating what Asobo and MS are doing.

Thanks Asobo, MS and keep up the good work. Don’t let yourself get distracted from the path you are on.

10 Likes

Nah, I rather wonder why they don’t fix BASIC functions with a hot patch, that they messed up with the last update! For example Joystick Sensitivity. There is absolutely no reason to wait until the next “big” update.

This has nothing to do with negativity. Those are things that nearly every developer would want to quickly have fixed so people can at least play the game properly!

7 Likes

Respectfully, this reply is missing the point around the need for more effective communication. It is understood that the Japan project is separate from the bug fixing project and different “teams”. But releasing the Japan news with so much fanfare whilst speaking so little to the concerns/ issues that many are facing is not good PR.

Perhaps Asobo should consider increasing its MFS staff by 33%.

-1 person sitting at home on their laptop grappling with bugs/issues,
-1 person designing beautiful scenery

Hire a third person to communicate with the community who have already paid for the sim and want to be kept appraised of their plans to fix the thing up.

2 Likes

I couldn’t more agree with you sir !!!

To be fair, they were probably thinking that, if it’s possible to become president of the USA with that attitude, you can also pull it off with a game.

Always mention the bright side. Don’t even talk about the problems. Add new things that nearly no one cares about because the basic functions aren’t working. Who cares? Blind them with graphics. Do everything to avoid reality.

But as you can see, it does work very well for some people on here. They could probably not fix things in the next 6 months and keep bringing out scenery updates. You’d still find a lot of people defending it for what it is.

And unfortunately they may be right, judging by the amount of stick and “hater” label you get if you try to share feedback which departs from the accepted rhetoric. What a world we live in. I may go for a solitary jaunt around Japan to cleanse myself. At least there I can’t understand a word of what they are saying :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did the price we paid, include this? Can you point me where did Asobo say this?

I’m not sure whether to laugh or cry at this. I hope it is the laughter!!

2 Likes

It is quite a bit much to expect default sim planes to fly automated from start to landing.
There I guess we need to wait until PMDG and the likes come around.
If indeed the default planes are eventually brought to “study level” that would be a first in sim.
Further to that, if all content was “study level” and everything functioning 100% as real world, there would be little to do for 3. party developers or enthusiastic simmers (and we would have the sim in 10 years)
Asobo have clearly stated that the sim should be seen as a base, and development will happen from there.
The only reason for not including a 737 is ofcause to make room for PMDG.

1 Like

All right, let me know the level of engagement you have with your current sim provider?

1 Like

I spent £1300 on updating my hardware for the game. I was aware that the game would contain bugs on day one which I expect with any game I get as a day one release.
However since release I have completed very few flights due to the issues. Lucky for me I haven’t had any performance or CTD issues on high settings. My issue is that I enjoy IFR flying and on FSX I would make up multiple flightplans before flying in order to simulate flying daily sectors.
I also love long haul IFR also which has been impossible up to now (longest flight up to now has been Dublin to JFK on the A320 neo before the latest patch)
I would prefer that the aircraft issues are prioritized first as I can cope with any other bugs for now.
In saying that the visuals and detail is unreal and the game given time will be amazing. I just think getting the aircraft and other major issues fixed should be a priority.

Ps I don’t normally comment or read blogs but if anyone can recommend any freeware mods to get me flying again that will be great.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
I’m not sure I am answering your question directly, but I have heard the LittleNavMap is a very well put together and stable piece of software and would add to your MFS experience. I have not yet tried it yet but plan to. You will find other references/discussion about it if you search for (top right of screen). Hope it is of use to you.

The Japan expansion was likely in the works long before sim was even released. Hand-crafted airports take time to build.

The developers who specialize in creating new regional or airport scenery probably have no connection with the developers who work on aircraft systems and other core sim features that are the subject of the current bug list, and no expertise to contribute to that effort.

It’s not like resources that should be devoted to bug-fixing are being diverted to creating new scenery instead. The two are not mutually exclusive.

6 Likes

As I said before and ill say it again there will always be an unsatisfied trolling poor soul, nothing will fulfill their happiness. They probably work for Laminar or Lockheed Martin.

1 Like

I am happy that MS is providing these updates - although a little vague in places. I would like to see a little more detail on the SDK as it is pivotal in getting more and better DLC.

Also, I don’t understand the wishlist. My top wish is this:

which has over 320 votes but doesn’t appear in the list which has items with fewer votes. wtf?

Anyway, we should all be thankful and patient. It will only get better.

1 Like