Discussion: September 24th, 2020 Development Update

Voted!

Taxing in the dark with no plane or airport lights is an experience :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Please remove Hishima Island from the trailer
Would it be nice if the Auschwitz camp was on the trailer?

2 Likes

I would rather have the content fixed we have already in the Sim, BEFORE adding more stuff!

1 Like

Really happy to see that the request for a scenery gateway system has been acknowledged. The word ‘certification’ perhaps also implies that this was previously discussed internally.

Here the topic if anyone’s wondering.

2 Likes

Agreed. They keep on conveniently ignoring the visibility issues.

Hello All,

I truly agree with below. This is the first game/sim where I can see interaction and regular updates from developers. They are also read forum. I know that sim has lot of bugs and issue and I’m not happy with that as I bought premium delux version, however in my opinion they are working hard to make it good. We need to give them a time, few months I think and we will see very good and beautyfull simulation :slight_smile:

Last thing, I think lot of bugs will be fixed in upcoming patch on 29th of September.

7 Likes

Good to see a positive post, and i have also been blown away with this game. Yes there are issues, but i have every confidence these will be resolved. This game is going to become one of the all time greats IMO.

2 Likes

Upvoted. Thanks!

COME ON Asobo, fix that “Live” Weather too, why isn’t it mentioned?
Winds, temps, visibility are not accurate at all.

1 Like

Hmmm is it clear who will get the new handcrafted airports? Are they free for all? Are the Gaia ones paid? Is there a difference for those who own deluxe/premium versions?
As for the new photogrammetry and some landmarks, I guess it’s free for all. But the handcrafted airports were a major selling point for the more expensive versions.

I mean, I’d like them to be free for all. I’m just not sure if they will be.

A DLC is not necessarily paid, it’s just content that was not available in the initial game. The world updates will be free DLCs, but of course they will also create paid DLSs to finance further development. If you plan on developing a sim for 10 years, you can’t do it with the initial price only.
And all the customers buying DLCs are also financing the development of the base game etc. That’s just the very basic idea of a service game. Optional paid content to support the game for all players (usually cosmetics in other games).

For the Update: My priority where set off the big Planes ( 787 and 747 ) Update and hoping all the stuff that isnt`working the right way gets fixed first because they allmost unflyable like the should.
Normally the birds should fly with AP settings from after Start
to make a complete Autoland.
I would like to see this done for the use off “real world operation”
so we can handle this planes like they should to be handeld…

Yet i dont care to mutch for a Japan scenery update ( this have time for a later update ) if this lets stay the Updates for the planes behind. :thinking:

regards :wink:

It doesn’t. Scenery designers are completely different people than aircraft systems developers etc.
Also you should know that the Japan update was probably already in the making even before the game was released, it’s not like they started implementing this only after the last patch came online.

Most people complaining about priorities simply don’t have any clue about how software development works these days but assume they know everything better than Asobo does. It’s getting ridiculous.

4 Likes

Who cares about airplanes, flight dynamics and even working joysticks, when you got scenery!

4 Likes

A very good question! Apparently the answer is almost no one.

As was mentioned by another poster, it seems interesting that the ongoing problems with “live weather” didn’t make the cut anywhere.

I’d also like to point out that communication from the developer is still lacking. The development roadmap is still hilariously ambiguous. The most detailed things stated in the “update” were about additional functionality to the SDK (which is fantastic don’t get me wrong). They need to apply that level of detail to the rest of the information they are putting out.

It is of course deliberate ambiguity…

1 Like

Sometimes I really start hating this community, there is so much negativity all over the place. Does every thread have to be dripping with the constant negativity? There are enough other threads to express your concerns and negativity, why does every single thread have to be dripping with concerns, negativity and telling the devs what they SHOULD have done and what they SHOULD do?

They made clear, multiple times, that MSFS will get content updates like world updates and DLC and that it will also get sim updates that will improve things like the weather. Next week we’ll get a content update ALONG with a hotfix, which is great in my opinion.

I saw this update as a really nice gift, we’ll get some high quality airports and photogrammetry cities for absolutely free and they promise we’ll get more like this a few times a year. They will also fix some more problems along. Can’t we just appreciate the fact that they are working really hard to try to cater to all the different users? They also provided us with more detailed information of what’s on their radar and what they are currently improving.

I just bought an RTX 3080 and now I can see the full potential of MSFS in 4K and I think it’s brilliant, nothing compares even close to it.

YES, we know the sim was rough around the edges and in a pretty unfinished state upon release and YES, it should have been released in a more polished state. But we’re past that and now we’ll have to look towards the horizon, the team is working really hard to deliver us the sim they promised and we’re getting closer to that every update.

Thanks Asobo and Microsoft for the continued support and the hard work, times are difficult and we’ll all have to make the best of it. These updates are appreciated by a lot of us.

18 Likes

Of course it is. That makes it even more frustrating.

1 Like

Hear, hear! Well said!

3 Likes

Except that they didn’t. I can read the list of threads in the forum. I don’t need them to take a screenshot of the forum for me, and then say the equivalent of this is what we’re working on.

And what users are they catering to? Was there like a large group here that really really wanted a higher quality Japan? I swear I didn’t see “Japan” as the top most voted item on the wishlist.

1 Like

They have been clear the Japan update is free to all. They do mention some later DLC being paid which is not a surprise.