Discussion: Sim Update 2 (1.12.13.0)

@DestroyedBeauty You need to sort your settings or community folder out. Today is the first time I’ve been able to fly the default a320 with no issues - it’s followed the flightplan, the AP worked as it should, it recalculated correctly when changing approach and the engine even switches off. If that’s not enough,…I now get to ding a No Smoking button on the overhead as well - wooppy do! Yeah, it’s good at last!

3 Likes

Classy – speaking French and all :slightly_smiling_face:

Merry Christmas and happy flying!

Getting them all over the place. What a shambles.

Sorry, but FBW is a mod. By definition, a mod modifies based software. That puts the onus purely on the mod developers.

Short of Asobo implementing the FBW improvements into the base game, I can’t see how it is realistic to expect them to thoroughly test and/or not push breaking changes.

Edit: The flybywire team have been pretty good at making patches on patch day, I’m sure they will have a fix in no time.

7 Likes

EDIT: Problem Solved by enabling the oculus beta mode and re-assigning my forward/back keys. Thanks go to @samrussell11 for his assistance.

===============

VR with Oculus Rift is severely broken. In game VR reset does not reset the x/y/z coords , so if you have your sensors set up for room scale, you appear outside the plane when sitting at your desk.

Forward/Back cockpit position is no longer working (assignments no longer exist).

Through a combination of the oculus reset view, and the ingame reset VR and the cockpit movement assignments, you can manually move the VR position left/right up/down and get back into the cockpit, but cannot move forward or back (there is a depth assignment, but I cannot find where it is). Leaning forward before resetting the VR helps, but there is a huge obstruction in the VR view (it looks like some sort of framing mask which obstructs the view).

All these issues aside, the performance seems quite good.

I am putting my notes together for the zendesk.

Anyone else get in the A320 without mods even when auto throttle was on on the ground it doesn’t show the power percentage? Any fix? That’s important to me since I don’t have a throttle quadrant.

Was just about to ask about performance as I’m finally thinking of jumping in to the wonderful world of VR hardware. That’s really encouraging…

worst patch ever never had this many problems

Thanks … It just seemed appropriate, ( this one time at this End of Year Holiday occasion) and as a sign of respect and gratitude, to make the attempt to thank Asobo in their Country’s native language :slight_smile:

(Thank you MODS for not jumping all over me )

4 Likes

That’s not correct – Asobo is referencing the actual A320’s fly by wire system, not FBW the company.

2 Likes

Just seen that working title have already bought out 8.2 for compatability. Haven’t tried it yet.

1 Like

pffffffffffffffffft hahahahahahha. You’ve must have only been playing this a month. This patch was actually one of their best.

1 Like

Yes, except for the other issues. It looks like most of the testiing was done with inside out HMDs (Like the HP) Index, Vive and RIFT use external trackers which are not always mounted directly in front of the flight position. (You can’t sit in the centre of your play area and still reach your flight yoke etc). And the ingame VR reset doesn’t position you inside the cockpit. These things have all been taken care of in other sims. Asobo just need to do more work to cater for HMDs other than inside/out trackers.

1 Like

Props to Asobo – their QA is getting a bit better after each major update. The A320 mod from FBW has already been fixed. The Working Title CJ4 mod has already been updated w/ new patch, and so far, the live weather w/ snow is actually working 70% of the time… all thumbs up in my opinion!

Keep 'em coming. Now we just need new airplanes from 3rd party developers. Getting bored w/ the A320 or 787 all the time.

6 Likes

Wait what? You’re suggesting there are actual people, living beings, using controllers for a flight sim??

1 Like

Try opting in to the steamvr beta. I have a Vive Pro and that resolved my issue.

1 Like

Can’t update it, don’t know what to do
That’s weird

I agree it cannot be tested “thoroughly” but you’d think a big patch that has been coming for a long time someone there would have tried starting a flight from a runway. Or perhaps give the FBW team a heads up about the issue so they could patch it ready for release.

FBW is not just “a mod” its the #1 airliner (maybe even aircraft) flown in game by many orders of magnitude. It’s only a legal issue apparently stopping them putting it in the game.

It’s seems weird to me anyway, Jorg said he flies with FBW so this surprises me.

We now have a new problem with this snow update - POPUP snow. :rage:

Reported to Zendesk

1 Like

Best patch so far, the monthly cadence seems to work

9 Likes