Discussion: Sim Update 2 (1.12.13.0)

Sim Update #2 has been released, you can view the Patch Notes Here!

Please use this thread to discuss the latest update, version 1.12.13.0. Other topics created to discuss this thread may be merged here.

Frequently Asked Questions

• What items were updated? Where can I read the release notes?
    The link above contains the release notes. Please note this does not include every single item that was updated.

• Where can I find out about known issues
    Click the link titled “Known Issues” in the hamburger menu, which is opened by clicking the button next to your profile picture on the navbar.

This page will be updated within a few days to reflect the latest patch.

• How do I see my current version number?
    Press Alt+Enter to change the program from full screen to windowed mode. The version number is at the top title bar of the window. Additionally, the version number is displayed by holding down Alt+Tab (above the window icon) or available in-game by clicking on your gamer tag profile icon from the top right of the main screen. The version name is displayed in the dialogue box under your gamer tag

• Do I need to do anything with add-ons in the community folder?
    While most of the time it is safe to leave files in the community folder, backing up files is never a bad idea. This can be done easily by moving the content from your community folder to a temporary location on your hard drive before applying the patch and replacing after testing the new version.

• What is the file size of the update?
    The main app update is approximately 1.03GB and the downloadable content when you run the sim is approx 13.67GB

Note the size of the update depends on the version of the game you have purchased. Don’t be alarmed if the update is smaller or larger

• Why were certain bugs or issues not included in the patch notes?
    The patch notes don’t mention everything that has been updated. If you are still experiencing an issue then file a ticket on Zendesk , using the “Submit a Request” option on the top menu bar. Include as much detail as possible, including the version of the game you are running. Remember the forums are not the official platform for bug tracking.

This patch is part of an ongoing patch release, so if your issue isn’t patched this time it does not mean it won’t ever get fixed! Check out the #self-service:bugs-issues category to see if others are reporting the same issues (where you can also vote if you have the same issue)

The Known Issues page will be updated within a few days to reflect the updated bugs.

• How do I see my FPS?
    The quickest way to see FPS is to go Options>General > Developers > Developer Mode On (Remember to click apply and save F11)
    Then from the new menu toolbar select Options>Display FPS

• What should I do if the update doesn’t start automatically?
    The best course of action is to log out, restart your computer, and log back in.

• What should I do if the update seems to stall or stop downloading?
    The first thing to try is closing down MSFS and restarting it. The downloading should start again once MSFS is restarted. If there are problems with a particular file downloading repeatedly (on a loop) then exit MSFS and browse to the download location where the file is downloading to using windows explorer. Delete the offending file (if it is listed) or the latest downloaded file in that folder and then restart MSFS. The patch should continue as normal. (Note only delete files do not delete folders!)
26 Likes

Nice! Thanks for the hard work :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Let the games begin :+1:

4 Likes

Is it me or is the King Air being blatantly ignored?

3 Likes

Unbelievable, waiting so hard to finally check out vr, booted up microsoft store and the game isnt installed. WHAT ACTUALLY…
Going to curl up and cry, i have a really slow internet…

Woohoo! Thanks to everyone at Asobo for all their hard work, I know you’re making this the kick-butt-est flight sim you can and it keeps getting awesomer. :smiley:

15 Likes

Close the app and restarted or restart PC

Even though the sim is far from perfect, you gotta give it to Asobo for releasing so may free content updates!

Compare how frequently we get big updates with other sims.

13 Likes

This is a big one hope everything goes smoothly for all

7 Likes

10.22GiB for Standard version

So what is supposed to be the ‘surprise’ they mentioned?

Copilot behavior has been improved - I hope Leftturn Larry got fixed :smiley:

Lets find out when we are in the game :slight_smile:

My guess is the liveries, both aviator club for everyone and test pilot for the Alpha/Beta testers

2 Likes

Patch notes look promising, LOTS of fixes!
Especially excited about “Copilot behavior has been improved”
Downloading now!

1 Like

They mentioned liveries in the dev update IIRC. But maybe the extra ones?

Fantastic looking changelog. See you all out there in VR!

3 Likes

Wow the bar was low but… if this is a major update that happens every 3 months will take 10 years to this be a sim not 1 thing from night lights, ai traffic, visual fx, replay mode, ground vehicles,

5 Likes

wheres my popcorn?

3 Likes

It’s popping right now don’t worry will get it to you soon

3 Likes

My MSFS was confused earlier this week as well. I started the sim, and then the installer came up and wanted to install all the data again. I had to point to the directory where I have MSFS installed, then it took some time thinking, after which MSFS started up normally again. Kinda weird, but there it is.

1 Like