Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

What did you do? I myself am not having any issues with mods in community folder. Try leaving a few in there and see how that goes

" * Fix ATC agent attributing cruise altitude instead of proper approach altitude when the first waypoint of the approach do not hold altitude information"

what does this mean?

I expect this is a test run for when they want to implement real airline liveries in the future. I believe they have a couple slated for world update 4 (Benelux countries and France, so I would expect say KLM and Air France at the least).

4 Likes

I was dealing with exactly the same. I found a way to get the map to work, but Iā€™d get a CTD when trying to start the flight. What a mess. Iā€™m currently about 60% of the way done with a fresh install. Thank goodness for a powerful PC and fast internet. Ughā€¦

1 Like

Very good point

1 Like

Working title G1000 fail to boot (or show) when new Scotland POIs added.

Your ā€˜cruise altitudeā€™ is what you have set in the flight plan. Letā€™s say FL380.
If the first point of the STAR/approach doesnā€™t have altitude information, ATC would assign FL380 (your cruise altitude) to that, instead of a much lower number, making the approach almost impossible.

1 Like

Well, I restarted the sim and new updates were installed after the first one. I got to fly again and saw those beatiful contrails in action. Will explore more.

2 Likes

Very disappointed. Not only the fact it is no longer compatible with Working Title G3000, but even more importantly, my GPU wend from 95% utilization down to around 75% and I have lost about 15 fps in urban areas. Iā€™m afraid to fly over large metro areas. I have no had a complaint about fps since the sim launched. Sadly this is a game changer for me. I donā€™t complain about esthetic issues, i can still fly with those. However, this could possibly ruin the sim for me. It saddens me because I have invested in a lot of 3rd party addons through the market place and have a pretty large investment that may now be unplayable for me. Iā€™m not seeing this in this discussion much. How is everybody elses fps after update and what is your GPU usage compared to prior to update?
Screenshot 2021-03-09 165454

2 Likes

@ Donws1957
What is the fps you were used to ?

Ohhhh thanks. @MortThe2nd

But this isnā€™t a TOD point, right?
It will make descent better but itā€™s different than a TOD ?

yes. The TOD is something the aircraft AP calculates. They are talking about altitude assignments from ATC at certain waypoints.

1 Like

My F-15 did that when they switched on M2 flying. Thatā€™s since been cleaned up. If I stayed in the flight long enough(I know itā€™s maddening with the stutter), the FPS and GPU utilization would go back to normal. With that said, Iā€™m on a 2080ti. It could be different with other GPUs.

well, itā€™s something.
The way would now be to assign a FL to that first STAR point and hope the AI ATC brings me down in time for that.

thanks.

This, had really expected some major updates to the G1000/3000, The OBS know and course knobs still donā€™t do anything.

Iā€™m super disappointed by the update :frowning:

3 Likes

Update(s) went flawless. All three of them btw.

GPU: Gtx 1060 6GB (Driver 457.30)
CPU: I7-7700
RAM: 32GB
Monitor: 1080p

Personal enhancements:

• The clouds seem to be fixed (no more grainy looks)
  • ATC got improved (only the marshal is still facing the wrong way when the ramp is reached :grimacing:).
  • Lightning looks better
  • The walls of the CJ4 are solid again.

Not sure yet, but it feels like my Gpu has to run a bit harder than before this update. Still the temperature is acceptable (67deg) and Iā€™m still at 30+fps med / high settings.

2 Likes

Now every Flight I start, crashes while loading. Have an empty Community folder, doesnā€™t help.
Itā€™s really tiresome. Everytime a new update pops up, I know things will only get worse afterwards.

1 Like

Pretty disapointed, this was suppose to be a big feature update for the Garmin Avionics, but the G1000 Alt Hold still ignores QNH setting, there is still no option for HPA, if you change for VS during a FLC climb the VS goes to 0 instead of the current VS, expected more really

2 Likes

My experience:
Clean community folder;
Restart PC;
Launch MSFS;
Says there is an update, click continue, update goes smooth, around 10 mins;
Update finishes, click continue, game starts;
Quit to desktop, restart PC;
Start MSFS with clean community folder; choose C172 at my AP that I use for testing;
At least 15 FPS less, very choppy, Frametimes all over the place.

I only got one update. Have gone to MS store app, logged out and back in. Gone to XBox app, logged out and back in. No other updates. I am on version 1.14.5.0.

Very disappointed in the performance of this downgrade.

1 Like

Are you talking about the waypoint auto-advance suspend / unsuspend function? For example, if told to hold at a waypoint or a fix in the flight plan, the real Garmin OBS mode would be pressed to prevent advancing to the next waypoint, allowing you to hold until released. Upon being cleared out of the hold, once on the leg toward the holding fix, you would press OBS again and the Garmin would advance to the following waypoint after the holding fix just as normal.