Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

MSFS update is looping on asobo-aircraft-baron-g58-0.1.49.fspackage. File Manager does not find this file so I cannot find the last file in this package to delete.
This is the 2nd time it has looped, previously on a 787 file, but I gave it time and the update eventually continued. But now its stuck with 9.15GB to go.
Have a number of directories updated to todays date.
Have restarted several times and rebooted but no change.
Any suggestions?? Will log this also with Zendesk.

1 Like

But, strictly speaking, those are not Garmin-specific bugs are they?
I fully agree that they should have a very high priority, but Iā€™m not sure theyā€™re seen as an integral part of the Asobo Garmin projects.

Either way, itā€™s disappointing that theyā€™re still outstanding.

1 Like

roll on the Live Developer Q&A tonight

Iā€™m getting about 5-10 in the menus and world map now. CPU main core is pegged at 100%, GPU at 20%.

The UK update dropped performance in the menus and map from 100 fps down to 10, as well as dropping my in-game fps down from 45-ish to mid to high 20s.

Yesterdayā€™s update dropped me down to a snailā€™s pace in menus and world map to mid teens in the sim. Basically unusable. No lower of graphics settings have any effect on it at all. I have everything set to lowest settings and it changes nothing performance-wise from my mixed high / medium settings.

1 Like

My fps dropped down to 5-10 while flying (or better stuttering) in low altitude over German cities and landscape. If I fly higher, about 2-3000 feet above earth, it becomes better. Please fix this issue, its unflyable after this Update.

1 Like

Good news: no new bugs in the actual sim
Bad news: the performance has decreased a ton.

Hopefully thereā€™s a Hotfix for this soon, or at least a setting thatā€™s causing it that can be disabled.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed the frame rate plummets if I adjust the fuel quantity after a flight plan is loaded on the world map.

Seriously. Do real world Pilots ever care of contrails generated by their jets? Really?
Asobo still worries too much for eye-candies (presumably to attract casual console players) avoiding to respond to the serious issues discussed by simmers all over this forum.
Personally Iā€™d just give up contrails and other stuff for a really working commercial jet and close-to-real SID and STARS.

4 Likes

Thatā€™ll be accomplished by add-ons, like in previous sims.

2 Likes

I like the idea of adding Contrails but Iā€™d like them Fully Implemented from the start, not a half-baked feature as they have been introduced with this Update, itā€™s yet again poor judgement from Asobo IMO as though theyā€™ve rushed this feature out just to appease those that really wanted it - do it right from the start please.

Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll keep improving it. If it works, why not release it then continue to tune it?

What they did with contrails was the same as adding vanity outfits to a single player first person shooter. The first step should have been making contrails visible on other planes vs the playerā€™s plane.

1 Like

Open up Little Navmap, enable the compass rose and go fly/slew around the Grand Canyon. It really is that low.

1 Like

I donā€™t want to sound crass but that way of thinking is what got the sim into trouble in the first place

(Still unable to download and install the update, I donā€™t even have a sim at the moment, spent my whole working day trying to install something that might, judging by the response to the update, may make my experience even worse if I do finally get it up and running)

1 Like

I see what you mean. I agree that they released early, MS might have pressured that in order to get a return on the investment. Now theyā€™ve had to play catchup which is hard to do.

2 Likes

This sim will reach itā€™s full potential soon (Iā€™d say this year), but playing catchup after release takes longer than releasing later. Things are definitely getting better, but not as quickly as some would hope. Itā€™s definitely much better than release day though

1 Like

Yesterday right after the release of the new update, I flew a little bit and turned off my computer. But today when I clicked to launch the sim, it began to take another portion of update which is shown 1.49GB on update screen. I think Iā€™ll never figure out that sim update stuff.

I totally agree, I just hope they really do understand how much genuine upset this is causing, and time and effort spent on the end users side trying to get this sim to perform as expected.

I canā€™t really judge at the moment as I canā€™t even use the sim, thatā€™s not progress for me, oh well, crazy times we live in.

1 Like

Apparently, neither will Asobo

5 Likes

Iā€™m sure the devs feel the same way. Iā€™m sure they are rushing to fix things, playing ā€œcatch upā€ as I said previously, but thatā€™s a hard thing to do. Especially in such a complicated program.

Yeah the install issues are super weird, hopefully that gets better. This update felt better for many, but itā€™s far from perfect of course.