Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

That’s not universal by any means, but it’s certainly done that for a lot of folks. Much worse for some, and made it completely unusable for others.

1 Like

Msfs 2020 Can you make it so we have an option to update or Not. please. Everytime crashes…

1 Like

I can’t believe this is still not fixed. So ridiculous.

1 Like

It’s crazy, this is the only update I have struggled with, has to be a corrupt package in the download, the update files will be spread across the globe, I’m hoping that at a given time my connection will switch to a different server with a non corrupt version.

1 Like

It’s a shame, cuz this update seems pretty good aside from the big performance loss. Hopefully that gets sorted out

anyone else have a problem with the 747? As soon as I set the flaps to 1, it takes a few seconds and suddenly it feels like the speedbrakes are completely extended. I’ve never flown a 747 in real life of course (lucky for everyone), but it doesn’t feel right somehow.

Attempting to fly an RNAV into Nice this morning and the final part of the flightplan seemed to have deleted itself by the time I arrived at the airport. The GPS just directed the aircraft back to the previous waypoint in an endless loop. When I took off the full approach had definately been there. /shrug

2 Likes

Yep I know, I have been lucky up until now that previous updates haven’t effected my performance, I’ll let you know if I can the the sim started again :slight_smile:

That is weird. A32nx/other mods or stock?

It’s definitely not perfect, but it’s way better than it was on launch.

@AndySax68, try the FBW A32NX or the WT CJ4 for your “really working commercial jet”, and get pilot2ATC (warning, it’s not cheap!) for your working SIDs and STARs. Just make sure you delete the SID/STAR waypoints that get imported and let the app put them in, otherwise you can get duplicate waypoints. And the CRJ is coming out, when, next week? I’ll eventually (probably) get it, but right now my hands are full trying to learn to properly fly the A32NX, so I don’t have enough mental bandwidth for yet another jet to learn, so it could be some time.

2 Likes

How are you sure of this? Couldn’t they just as easily be content that they rolled out an update and have the opinion of “they can live with it, or not play”?

Based on their past, that seems more likely. Just look back a few weeks ago about how they handled the “Flap” issue. First they said no hot fix, then told us to alter files, then they released a hot fix.

This whole thing is a hot mess.

1 Like

GA. Never happened to me before either. I was trying to see if any of the RNAVs I had flown before had been given a glidepath after the update. Seems in this instance they not only omitted the VNAV but deleted the entire final approach.

1 Like

When they originally said “no Hotfix”, they likely did not know how easy the fix would be, and rolling it into sim update 3 would give them more time.

That’s weird. See if it happens again?

Edit: whoops caps lock was on lol

Might try it again later. Lost the will to live atm my previous flight today had ended in a CTD.

1 Like

Just to recap

Some are extremely happy with the sim update :slight_smile: :grinning:

Some are OK with the sim update :slight_smile:

Some are not happy with the sim update :confused:

Some are not happy at all with the sim update :tired_face:

Some hate the sim update :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Some can’t even start the sim with the update :sob:

9 Likes

RL B787 cockpit. Image isn’t white-balanced, and if you’re wearing polarized glasses like some drivers do, that color will look real deep saturated.

I haven’t really been able to use it yet. I had to walk away from my computer last night because after 3 hours of downloading (on a 1Gbit fibre connection) only to load into a 5 fps menu / world map and 15 fps performance, I was too frustrated to deal with it. Spent the entire day troubleshooting code and fixing stuff at work. Flying would have been the perfect stress releiver. Instead, I was greeted by a slew of issues and unplayable levels of performance. I didn’t have the mindset to deal with that.

But really, the patch notes look like nothing but fluff to me. Other than adding LDA and OBS (and only half did the job by not enabling the SimConnect hooks for it to work with external controllers), and a minor fix to Direct To, they did absolutely nothing to the Garmins. That in an update where they promised they’d “get it right” on the Garmins. All the underlying bugs and issues are still there. They just fixed one minor bug and switched on 2 minor features.

The rest of the updates in the patch notes are basically a meaningless nothing burger if I ever saw one.

7 Likes

But that is part of my point. How could they NOT know? They made it.

I am not trying to argue with you, I’m really not. I am just frustrated with this crowd. I feel like they might not be up to the challenge. It is the same scenario time after time. They SHOULD know better. That is what they get paid to do. Yes, this is hard and complicated work, but it is what they do, or should do.

2 Likes

I think this was the update where they started to add things. They should have clarified that though, but that’s what it seems.

There are some nice fixes, but not too many. I feel like the sim is in a pretty “ok” state (compared to launch) aside from the Garmin though (and some other bugs like the looping back bug). Hopefully we see a lot more next update