Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

The thing that ■■■■■■ me off the most is that Asobo/MS don’t even come out with a statement or let us know that “Hey guys, we are aware of some issues going on and we are working on getting a fix”.

You tell me that and I can calm down.

I can imagine how the folks. That spent thousands of dollars to build a new pc to run this sim must be feeling right about now.

3 Likes

Already tried physically disconnecting all other monitors from the system after WU3. Made no difference.

And I’m not the only one either. Many users are reporting very similar issues after WU3, and now again after this last update.

Whatever the issue is, it’s tied to CPU usage. I’ve never seen my CPU being worked this hard in menus and the World Map before. And my GPU usage has never been this low. They most definitely broke something in the code.

2 Likes

If they even bother taking a question about this in the Q&A, they’ll looked all shocked and surprised and give a long non-answer to the question.

4 Likes

Those Q&As are scripted.

2 Likes

best best Q&A Was when they said what thunder and lightning issus are people having lol

2 Likes

Moreso this time around as they only accept questions in pre-approved categories. That’s one way to avoid answering hard questions you either don’t want to answer or don’t have answers for.

1 Like

They’ll honestly probably say we are looking into it, which would be true. They released the update yesterday, they need to investigate.

A “non-answer” means they don’t know.

Weeks of waiting for the flaps issue but instant HF for missing fsx legacy liveries… but my trees to the horizon are still gone, I think I’ll never see them again

I suspect when they’re “testing”, or even outright playing for fun, they’re not running the same build as we are, or using the same live services. They’re using their dev builds that are connected to their staging network live services where they’re the only ones using the service. As a result, they don’t see what users in the wild see.

That’s more reason to have the users beta test the updates. Diverse systems testing before release

7 Likes

I was more interested in the sleepy pilot part than all that buzz about the update…made me laugh.

1 Like

Considering how they pretty much ignored everything the alpha and beta testers reported before launch (many of those issues are still being reported as bugs regularly a year later), I don’t see that as making any difference.

This time around, select 3rd party devs had early access to the udpate. We see how big of a difference that made - we got the most broken update to date.

5 Likes

I’ll start believing that they don’t test their build themselves either, let alone employing a bunch of third party testers.

what about the ITT issue on the TBM930? can we expect a fix for that soon?

Don’t hold your breath…also be careful what you wish for seem to be the common theme with this sim

1 Like

A complete overhaul of Turboprop logic is supposed to be part of the next sim update in 2 months. I expect the same level of overhaul than we got with the Garmins in this update - next to nothing done and not addressing the actual issues.

2 Likes

yeah, you have a point

as long as the ITT doesnt go past 900c at idle im fine

1 Like

I wouldn’t be holding my breath on that one.

lol
might end up developing a fix myself if it continues