Discussion: Update #4 (1.9.5.0)

First, you find people willing to testify.

4 Likes

Airbus neo 320 and dreamliner is lagging really much

Removing something like press any key to continue should be a hotfix, released almost transparently, one day after they take the decision. It should not even require bundling in a “patch”.

The ugly truth nobody wants to hear.

This problem was already there in the previous patch

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/daher-tbm-930-problem-with-garmin/289334

Thanks for pointing out.
Still weird to think that someone on this planet decided that “solved” would be a great idea, and nobody stopped it.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

yes for me also. At low speed near 143kt at app there are uncontrollabel. But when you fly faster then 143kt you can again controll the aircraft like a a320 neonx,a320 standard or a 787 dreamliner or a 747

Are you talking about rolling cache?

That’s what actually happened. Some of the mods and liveries have conflict with new patch. The best way to avoid the problems is avoid any mods
 Or check the mods before installing. Last night some of the liveries and sceneries completely blocking my content manager and market.

the issue making it more complicated to fix a potential bug is that the TBM at 1.9.3. worked like a charme for me and became one of my favorite planes with many hours of flight time at various places around the world. that does not mean you don’t have a problem with freezing screens. for me only airspeed froze when I forgot to turn pitot heat on :-). Did install 1.9.5 last night but were not able yet to try it, though.

yes
 in fact they pop up at 200ft in short final now
 basically, now you follow the glideslope by heart

I’ve still seen the runway lights pretty far out, upwards of 15 miles, but only if I’m aligned with the runway.

Not sure why others aren’t having the same experience. Might depend on the resolution. I’m at 4K.

I have to admit that night flying last night was the closest to reality the sim has ever been for me. I flew up from South Carolina through DC and landed at Montgomery municipal and it was pretty awesome.

Woke up this morning and the download was completed. Go into Content Manager and I need 36.2! GB of updates for base content. WHAT? So, I select all and start updating, only thing is after download, the updates fail. That’s because they are already in my library. Asobo, this is beyond pitiful.

After all of the failed downloads, I’m left with no choice but to back out of the sim or choose Cancel. Reload the sim and it’s yet pulling more updates to what should have already been installed multiple times. Bar none, this is the worst delivery platform I have ever witnessed in my life. No doubt.

So, I click Continue and go into Content Manager again and need all of the downloaded files that did download once already but failed to install, eating up bandwidth. You want to know why their servers are getting hammered? There you go. Looks like I’m headed for another complete uninstall and another full pull to install. More bandwidth a consumed.

Remove the copilot altogether. This is a flight sim not passenger sim. They can go to youtube to watch.

3 Likes

You likely have a corrupted installation from before. That’s why the downloader is trying to download and install those files again.

I shouldn’t have a corrupted anything. If I did, then Asobo caused it because my sim installation was fine before this patch. This is a basic function of modern software delivery and they can’t even get it right. That’s pretty bad. then again, it is Microsoft we’re talking about here.

When did flights stop having copilots? Or passengers?

3 Likes

IMO this is the first thing you see and it serves no purpose after the first run of the program. It’s nice and all, but what’s the point. Just get me to where I decide where I wanna go.

It’s also a barometer of how an update went. This sim has so many problems, something like this, (which should be an easy fix, add as an option like tool tips, which also is a frustrating problem) shows us whom spent good money on a product only to get immature results.

At least the VFR cam doesn’t CTD. Did they just remove the thread? Come on.

And what’s with all the flagging of posts? Are we all so sensitive that we cannot tolerated another’s opinion?

3 Likes

That depends on how that opinion is expressed. I have probably about a dozen people filtered now, and the forums are nicer to read off the back of that feature.

Play nice, and you don’t get flagged.

4 Likes

After the new patch industrial buildings are much to high, that looks strange.,

1 Like

That’s ridiculous. Who decides what’s nice? I’ve read the rules, and nice isn’t part of them. Only a moderator should be able to remove a post and it should be for something much more offensive than not nice.

Out of the 4 removed posts I saw this morning, none of them deserves to be removed. If you want to ignore a user, that’s you’re right, but it shouldn’t mean you get to decide what I see. Hypocritical.

6 Likes