Discussion: Update #5 Hotfix (1.10.8.0)

@Dowglaslim I have probably found the reason that we are having this issue. I’m going to guess that you have changed the unit system to either hybrid or Metric. Try switching back to U.S. / imperialistic, and see if you still have the issue…

In general I just had problems with the G1000 with the latest working title mod. It just refused to allow me to enter a waypoint when I was trying a custom approach. I could select a nearby airport, but no matter what I could not enter letters if I tried that method. Finally I just gave up and flew by headings.

No issues BTW in the Garmin 3000

I read elsewhere this is a possible outcome post patch. You just need to be patient, and let it finish what it’s doing, I believe.

1 Like

Will try that later. Actually had the same idea, but didn’t have the time to switch back and try yet.

Yes, I have this too.

It was a bit disconcerting to start with because I didn’t know whether the sim had crashed or not. I left it to run and all was good.

I don’t know whether this is a consequence of removing the ‘Press Any Key’ thing ??? Probably best not to pursue that line of thought though so i’d better leave well alone. Really don’t want to be responsible for another thread on that.

2 Likes

Well, people are curious, as in “curiousity killed the cat”. My experience with the black screen: It happens sometimes. I don’t know why. Black screen happened when “Press any key” was still around.
If you start FS2020 and you don’t know what is happening, you can start the task manager. But even the task manager needs some time before it shows FS2020 as program.
Therefore be patient. Some people reported that they did let “the black screen” do it’s magic for minutes or even hours and it helped.
As always: This information is not 100% accurate. I suggest: wait as long as you can and then wait a little longer. But after one hour I would pull the plug, specially if task manager does not show disk operation and/or network operation. CPU operation can be because of an infinite error loop.

1 Like

I have random CTD at european airports. I had it at LFBO and today I cannot fly from or to LFMN at all, CTD either at launch (after pressing Fly) from Nice or as I approach Nice during the flight. I was on default Cap 10 and was using default Nice.

From what I am seeing it looks like we have to wait for fixes to freeware liveries. Does anybody know if the freeware airports and sceneries need fixing too or are some of these still usable?

Updated windows, drivers, set units back to imperial… Still CTDs about 3/4 loading bar after clicking ready to fly. This is rediculous.

If you have any liveries in your Community folder, remove them and try again.

didn’t have that issue before but now have it after the hotfix :pensive:

I finally updated to v1.10.8 yesterday, but took me a bit more than two hours to download the 7.45GB of digital data, because of very low d/l speeds, in the order of 5-6 Mbps. Has anyone experienced something like this?. With my current internet connection the d/l should have taken only minutes. Probably something to be investigated by MS.
Cheers, Ed

I narrowed down my CTD after pressing “fly” to a community airport mod I had installed from flightsim.to for EDTH. Once I deleted this airport mod my CTD has now seemed to go with it. Perhapse there was an incompatibility or asobo introduced some kind of new check on mods. https://flightsim.to/file/715/edth-heubach-germany

CTDs about 75% loading after clicking the fly button. Didn’t have them problem before the hotfix.

each time i start the sim , I get a pop up window Microsoft Store Package Dependency

Installer

Asking for my administrative password, assuming this is applying the hot fix on each start up and it will go away after update 6 , is that correct ?

Waited for 2hours, doesn’t work, its downloading and looping I guess, had 10gig in my temp folder. I think I will do a reinstall for the 3rd time :wink:

So all of a sudden I get a crash on start up, as soon as the black screen comes up.

Any ideas what causes this? I have not changed anything, I have over 60 hours of flying without not even a remote crash or instability.

With the latest patch I have had crashes during scenary but is solved now, now out of the blue the sim wont start.

Any ideas what could cause a crash on start?

2 Likes

hardware issues, driver issues, mod issues, windows issues, could be anything.

multiple reports this morning of this, I have the same issue.
No solution yet.

Make sure to file a Zendesk report so MS can track it down as soon as they wake up.

I guess it is a server issue.

Hardware issues, sure but its a new system about 3 weeks old, everything new, works fine with 5 other demanding games

No driver updates.

Nothing in community folder.

In the end it is most likely something else, xbox was updated on my end today.

Yes, it could be anything…