Discussion: Update #6 (1.10.11.0)

It is flyable but don’t touch the wheel button on the right side of the mixing box of the radio’s -> instant CTD. You can see which button I am talking about with your mouse. You see an arrow but no tooltips, this means do not touch it.

The buttons of the GPS are ok so you can fly with it but of course this has to be fixed ASAP

Yves

The size of patch for 1.10.11.0, if you have Premium Deluxe, was 1.4GB. The installer size was normal (< 1GB)

Something is going wrong then… almost 9GB and counting. The file names as they download are ticking over though… Hesitant to stop it.

Here is my A320nx screen shot at FL380 over Ireland, en route to KJFK. Everything went smoothly.

Has anybody noticed the Moon phase is wrong? MSFS shows 50%, but its 19.1% Waning Crescent today - banana shaped.

Yep, I stand corrected. Asobo might be using a single thread to send data to the GPU, we don’t really know.

Might be looping. The size counter will keep going up as it attempts to keep downloading - that’s not an indication of actual file size download - just a looping of the same file(s).

Might have to try the “end task” trick, then delete that file it’s looping on, then relaunch MSFS. It will pick up from the last successful download.

Hello from Spain! I’d like to share a video about the last Flight Simulator 2020 Update, patch 1.10.11.0.

There is a brief tutorial about how-to install step by step where most of the installation problems are solved here.

Yes, the video is in Spanish but you can understand mostly because it’s very graphical and intuitive.

This video takes a lot of hours and hard work to be done, recording, edition, testing, etc. If it helps you, please write me a comment. Best Flights!

8 Likes

It doesn’t seem like it’s looping though. The file names are ticking over… :thinking:

I was going to say the counter might be showing incorrectly, but it’s downloading at 25-50Mb/s…

If it’s advancing… leave it and see if it will finish. It may be looping but if it’s advancing, it’s correcting the looping. Was that confusing? :crazy_face:

1 Like

and what does the CPU load look like at 32%
it will be a core issue

Hi @ElNinoDelAvion,
I have watched your other videos as well. You have done a great job in doing this and I can tell many hours put into them.

Thank you for the support as you provide some good information.

1 Like

That’s the plan! :crazy_face:

It’s downloading some base files. I hope it’s not trying to reinstall for some reason! fs-base-0.1.61- now 67.

Either way, it’s yet another ZD ticket :frowning_face:

1 Like

Same issue in Mariazell, Austria. issue = failure

Pretty much the same. With MFSF shut down CPU use is about 1.5%

BTW: As others have said 1.10.11.0 does seem to render faster, with unusually low 75% GPU. So I moved render quality from Low-End to Medium and glass cockpit to Medium which looks fine on my old GTX 750 TI on a HD 43in TV

i noticed since update 5 my fps got instable and it started to be more laggy than before and since yesterdays update i have 11 to 18 fps during the final aaproach and landing at small airports that i never had before and i have now CTD at random times again

an no i didnt changed settings in any way and i use all workarounds of the previous problems.

what happened ???

Really really really appreciated, Hester. As you said this kind of videos takes lots of hours to be done and the best feedback I can get is comments like yours.
So thank you very much!

Here my performance in RTX 3080 I7 6800K, I notice improvements in GPU performance

1 Like

So I shut it down and restarted it to make sure it was installing to the correct location (updating rather than reinstalling to a new location) - and it was correct. Restarting the sim now it says and additional 9.54GB needs to be downloaded…

I wonder why it does this. My first thought is if anyone does any modifications to any files in the “Official” folder. Which may trigger a re-download of that entire package. That “fs-base” folder is the largest of all files… each file downloading is at 2GB each. So say, a person edits that ATC en-US.locPak file (very small file) that it may trigger that entire fs-base folder to re-download.

Just my thoughts!

2 Likes

It could be actually… I did change a couple of things in the en-US.locPak testing some things before getting it done properly in the Community folder…

:thinking:

EDIT: I think you were right. It reinstalled the base packages in that folder. 9.54GB was accurate this round. Total update about 20GB!

Lesson learned: Don’t mess with the official folder, or put them back before updating! :rofl:

After the update to version 1.10.11.0 I have very pixelated fonts within the menu and noticeable downscaling of the resolution within the simulator. Since my graphic settings were also reset, I noticed this twice as much. After I had set all settings back to high-ultra with the resolution 2160x1440px, unfortunately the font within the simulator is still at a perceived resolution of 480p. Are there any suggestions for a solution here?

PS: The performance, however, has improved a bit. about 2-7 FPS more on average.

1 Like