Discussion: Update #6 (1.10.11.0)

Why just the controllers when it is obvious that the whole sim needs a lot more sensibility.

1 Like

I noticed the “Installation Commander” notes for the new install say something about the “sensibility curve methodology has been adapted for different inputs”. Did they mean “Sensitivity Curve” or is this an example of a “Freudian Slip”?

2 Likes

Guys, this is Frenglish. Sensibilité = sensitivity, but also sensibility.

6 Likes

The update does not get completed :frowning:

Can you give more specific information about the rivers you’re seeing shimmer on? I just flew out of that airport cuz I wanted to see what you’re seeing, but I didn’t notice any shimmering on the rivers that are just west of the airport. Maybe I’m not looking in the right place?

After the update, my only custom livery is gone. Kind of disappointing seeing that this update was supposed to fix livery issue

No, you must be sure that in the display settings tab in Win10 both displays show a profile. Sometimes the main display show a profile and 2nd none. That result in CTD if pop out for example the G1000. Also be sure that both displays use the same profile.
At NVCP look that both displays got the same color settings. Try to avoid color correction due NVIDIA.

You’re on 1440p? It’s terrible antialiasing in distance, mostly visible on 1080p with any global render, on native 1440p monitors is fine. Rivers and small patches of water have so many jagged egdes that’s causing terrible shimmering in movement. I’ll make a video later.

The utilization of CPU cores has become more even, resulting in performance degradation and FPS instability. Is this a game between quality and performance?

Apparently MSFS does not have a sense of humour either :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After the last update 1.10.11.0, unfortunately I am giving up, I will take a break with MSFS 2020 and humbly return to prepar3v4. With each update, the situation worsens and no relatively more complex activities can be performed, eg. it is not possible to program FMC in a320, it is not possible to perform a planned IFR flight - the controls (heading or altitude) in GARMIN at each aircraft do not work. The purchased Mooney M20 aircraft does not work at all - after choosing that aircraft, the simulator crashes.

The only activity that works is a direct flight from point A to B or vfr flying around the airport. Anything associated with flight programming, which is normal, does not work.

It is clear to me that this is a very ambitious project and I am keeping my fingers crossed for ASOBO and Microsoft to be able to complete everything successfully, but it is clear that they have launched an unfinished project and it is a great pity.

6 Likes

Swaying is still there, the patch did not solve as stated

Here my performance in RTX 3080 I7 6800K, I notice improvements in GPU performance

THe Lightning issue still hasnt been fixed. It seems like there is constant lightning in Caribbean and Southeast United States

Many people (me included) are flying many IFR flights successfully. I’m sorry you’ve had issues, and maybe it is the aircraft you’ve tried (i can recommend the TBM) and sorry if you are giving up. Hope to see you back soon.

1 Like

Sorry, but the update to the autopilot across all planes. The 748 is still nowhwere flyable.

Ah, I see. Yes, I’m on 1440p.

I did a 787 flight from Las Vagas to Denver, and when hitting Cruise Altitude, there was a clear swaying. However, looking at the display there was also a 80knot wind hitting the plane (very audible on the outside view). Turning off AP, causes the plane to start banking, as would be expected in a cross wind.

Are you sure that you havnt hit a wind layer?

(Yes I have experienced the previou s sudden swaying on the A320 AP, that requires the AP being turned off and on, but that hasnt happened yet since the update)

That is annoying. I have not experienced it yet with this new patch, but i will keep trying to see if I can trigger it.

You did make sure all the content is updated in the Content Manager, and make sure all mods have been removed?

it stops at around 22gig
then about 30 45min to decompress it and install
No one know why its like this
or not that ive seen anyways.